“Papaya boat again? Why can’t we have Luchi Alur Dum Debjani like a normal Bengali family? Why do you make all these fruity things whenever possible or not possible and force us to eat?”
Well, I ignored Mehebub’s tantrum while serving breakfast. After all both, I and Pasta loves Papaya boat! Even Coffee also eats a few pieces from it sans honey and grapes. Surprisingly after the tantrum, Mehebub had 1/2 of the boat.
Well, I must mention, I do use tricks to make them eat fruits as much as humanly possible. Though Pasta is a non-fussy eater, however, she is badly influenced by her father.
Papaya Boat; the summery breakfast!
Healthy, tasty and easy to make Papaya Boat is a family favorite especially during the summer at my place. Pasta takes a small portion of it before going to school. She mostly leaves home before us. Once she is out we eat a part of the boat and store another portion for her which she prefers to have after returning home. I actually make Papaya boat quite frequently at home.
Papaya boat is basically a Fruit cocktail served with fresh cream or coconut cream or yogurt or ice cream. the cocktail is served on a boat of ripe papaya. This chilled delicacy is easy to make, and perfect for breakfast and even as a dessert.
To make Papawa Breakfast Bowl!
It takes hardly a few minutes to assemble the Boat however, you need to have ample of fruits available at home while making it. Also, the fruits should be chilled. In addition, you need to make it at least 30 minutes well in advance considering the chilling time needed.
I make it with ingredient variation based on the need. Being said that, when I make it for breakfast I use a mixture of Yogurt and cream as the base. When I make it for dessert I use Ice cream or at times coconut cream. However, I prefer the Papaya boat prepared with a mixture of Yogurt and cream more. I use honey as the sweetener. Instead of honey, you can use sugar also or completely replace.
Last but not least, if fresh fruits not available use tinned fruit cocktail to make the breakfast fruit bowl.
Here’s how I make Papaya Boat at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Serves: 4 People
- Serving size: 150g
- Calories: 269
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 61.1g
- Sugar: 54.1g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
- Ripe Papaya: 1
- Plain Yogurt: 200g
- Light Cream: 100ml
- Honey: 3 Tbsp.
- Strawberries: 3-4
- Mango: 1
- Grapes: a Few
- Fruits from Tinned cocktail: ⅓ cup
- Pomegranate: ⅓ Cup
- Kiwi: 2
- Apple: ½
- Cut the fruits needed to make the cocktail into small pieces except for the strawberries, and grapes.
- Now take all the cut fruits along with strawberries, grapes and also the tinned fruit cocktail in a bowl and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl beat plain yogurt along with cream and honey until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Refrigerate it also for 10 minutes.
- Now cut the Papaya into halves (preferably horizontal).
- This Papaya will work as the boat.
- Clean the middle part and discard the seed.
- now fill the cavity with the cream and yogurt mixture.
- Top it with the fruit cocktail.
- Fridge the Papaya boat for 20 minutes before serving.
Adjust sweetener as per taste or you can skip it totally.
Fruit-based recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Fresh Fruits and Yogurt Popsicles (Also known as Breakfast Popsicles)
- Indian Christmas Cake (Also known as Rich Fruit Cake)
- Mango Mint Date Lassi (Also known as Mango Mint Date Smoothie)
- Mango Mastani (Also known as Mastani drink)
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins (Also known as fruit muffin)
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread | Step by step Banana Bread Recipe
- Aam Kola Doi Chire Makha
- Mango Salsa (Also known as fruit salsa)
- Eggless Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe (Also known as Strawberry Oatmeal breakfast bars)
- Choco-Swirled Strawberry Cashew Butterscotch Popsicles (Also known as milkshake popsicle)
- Strawberry Orange Popsicle (also known as sunshine Popsicle)
- Strawberry Lemonade (Also known as fruit lemonade)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream (Also known as Eggless Strawberry Ice Cream)
- No Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Also known as Cherry Ice cream)
- Taler Bora (Also known as Sugar Palm Fritters)
Have you tried the Papaya Boat recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.