Papaya Boat is a refreshing and tasty fruit cocktail topped with fresh cream, coconut cream, yogurt, or ice cream. It's served inside ripe papaya, which adds a unique touch to the presentation. This easy-to-make snack is great for breakfast, a light lunch, or as a dessert. It's so versatile that you can add any fruit, nuts, or honey to make it personalized to your tastes. The chilled nature of the papaya boat is perfect for hot summer days, and a healthy way to incorporate fruits into your diet.
- Ideal Summer Breakfast!
- Papaya Boat; the summery breakfast!
- To make Papawa Breakfast Bowl!
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Food safety
- Here's how I make Papaya Boat at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Recipe Card
- Fruit-based recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Have you tried the Papaya Boat recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Papaya Boat Pin for your Pinterest Board!
Ideal Summer Breakfast!
Well, I ignored Mehebub's tantrum while serving breakfast. After all both, I and Pasta love the Papaya boat! Even Coffee also eats a few pieces from it sans honey and grapes. Surprisingly after the tantrum, Mehebub had ½ of the boat.
Well, I must mention, I do use tricks to make them eat fruits as much as humanly possible. Though Pasta is a non-fussy eater, however, she is badly influenced by her father.
Papaya Boat; the summery breakfast!
A healthy, tasty, and easy-to-make Papaya Boat is a family favorite, especially during the summer at my place. Pasta takes a small portion of it before going to school. She mostly leaves home before us. Once she is out we eat a part of the boat and store another portion for her which she prefers to have after returning home. I actually make Papaya boats quite frequently at home.
Papaya boat is basically a Fruit cocktail served with fresh cream or coconut cream or yogurt or ice cream. the cocktail is served on a boat of ripe papaya. This chilled delicacy is easy to make, and perfect for breakfast and even as a dessert.
To make Papawa Breakfast Bowl!
I make it with ingredient variations based on the need. Being said that when I make it for breakfast I use a mixture of Yogurt and cream as the base. When I make it for dessert I use Ice cream or at times coconut cream. However, I prefer the Papaya boat prepared with a mixture of Yogurt and cream. I use honey as a sweetener. Instead of honey, you can use sugar also or completely replace it.
Last but not least, if fresh fruits are not available use a tinned fruit cocktail to make the breakfast fruit bowl.
It takes hardly a few minutes to assemble the Boat however, you need to have ample fruits available at home while making it. Also, the fruits should be chilled. In addition, you need to make it at least 30 minutes well in advance considering the chilling time needed.
- To make the Papaya breakfast bowl vegan, use coconut cream and coconut milk instead of cream and yogurt;
- Replace honey with coconut sugar for a vegan Papaya boat.
- You can use an artificial sweetener instead of honey.
- Various fruits- Use fruits to fill the papaya boat based on availability and preference;
- Deluxe- You can add some nuts for crunch and heavy cream or coconut cream
To fully enjoy the taste of a papaya boat, it is recommended to consume it fresh. However, if you prefer a cooler option, you may refrigerate it for about an hour. This will enhance the flavor and texture of the papaya, providing a more satisfying experience. Regardless of your preference, be sure to indulge in this tropical fruit for its many health benefits such as aiding digestion, promoting skin health, and boosting immunity.
Frequently Asked Questions
Papaya Boat is a delicious fruit cocktail that is both refreshingly cool and full of flavor. This delectable dish is topped with a variety of toppings, such as fresh cream, coconut cream, yogurt, or ice cream, making it a dessert that caters to all taste preferences.
The sweet and juicy papaya is carefully carved into a boat shape and filled with a variety of other tasty fruits and berries, making it a healthy and satisfying dessert option. Try Papaya Boat today and discover the unique and delicious flavors that it has to offer!
Looking for other recipes like this? Try these
These are my favorite dishes to serve with [this recipe]:
- Always use fresh fruit or canned fruit while making cocktails.
- Do not keep fruit salad or raw fruit-based dessert or breakfast in room temperature or even in the refrigerator for hours before consuming.
Here's how I make Papaya Boat at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
Papaya Boat is a refreshing and tasty fruit cocktail topped with fresh cream, coconut cream, yogurt, or ice cream. It's served inside ripe papaya, which adds a unique touch to the presentation.
- 1 Ripe Papaya
- 200g Plain Yogurt
- 100ml Light Cream
- 3 Tbsp. Honey
Fruits to fill the boat:
- 4 Strawberries
- 1 Mango
- 15 Grapes
- ⅓ Cup Fruits from Tinned cocktail
- ⅓ Cup Pomegranate
- 2 Kiwi
- ½ Apple
- Cut the fruits needed to make the cocktail into small pieces except for the strawberries, and grapes.
- Now take all the cut fruits along with strawberries, grapes, and also the tinned fruit cocktail in a bowl and refrigerate it for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl beat plain yogurt along with cream and honey until the mixture is creamy and smooth.
- Refrigerate it also for 10 minutes.
- Now cut the Papaya into halves (preferably horizontally).
- This Papaya will work as the boat.
- Clean the middle part and discard the seed.
- now fill the cavity with the cream and yogurt mixture.
- Top it with the fruit cocktail.
- Fridge the Papaya boat for 20 minutes before serving.
- Use your choice of fruits based on availability. there is no hard and fast rule for the fruit selection while making the boat.
- Adjust sweetener as per taste or you can skip it totally.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Mixing
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 54.1g
- Sodium: 53mg
- Fat: 2.5g
- Saturated Fat: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 61.1g
- Fiber: 4.7g
- Protein: 4.9g
- Cholesterol: 7mg
Keywords: Papaya boat recipe, papaya breakfast bowl recipe, summer breakfast recipe, debjanir rannaghar, fruit salad recipe
Fruit-based recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Fresh Fruits and Yogurt Popsicles (Also known as Breakfast Popsicles)
- Indian Christmas Cake (Also known as Rich Fruit Cake)
- Mango Mint Date Lassi (Also known as Mango Mint Date Smoothie)
- Mango Mastani (Also known as Mastani drink)
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins (Also known as fruit muffin)
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread | Step by step Banana Bread Recipe
- Aam Kola Doi Chire Makha
- Mango Salsa (Also known as fruit salsa)
- Eggless Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe (Also known as Strawberry Oatmeal breakfast bars)
- Choco-Swirled Strawberry Cashew Butterscotch Popsicles (Also known as milkshake popsicle)
- Strawberry Orange Popsicle (also known as sunshine Popsicle)
- Strawberry Lemonade (Also known as fruit lemonade)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream (Also known as Eggless Strawberry Ice Cream)
- No Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Also known as Cherry Ice cream)
- Taler Bora (Also known as Sugar Palm Fritters)
Have you tried the Papaya Boat recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.