Banana Bread, a few details!
Here's how I make Whole Wheat Banana Bread at Debjanir Rannaghar!
Whole Wheat Banana Bread is a great treat prepared with the goodness of Banana, Whole Wheat, and Walnut
- Whole Wheat Flour: 2.5 Cup (can be replaced with All Purpose Flour)
- Over Ripped Banana: 3 (more the ripeness more the taste)
- Powdered Sugar: 1 Cup (150g)
- Egg: 2
- Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking Soda: 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla Essence: ½ teaspoon
- Refined Vegetable Oil: 1 Cup (can be replaced with Butter)
- Walnut: 3 tablespoon (optional)
- Mash Bananas using fork. It’s better to not to use a food processor to mash bananas since we don’t need much smooth consistency and some crunches are required to have a crunchier version of the Bread.
- We need to mix all the Dry ingredients and Wet Ingredients separately.
Mixing Dry Ingredients:
- Mix all dry ingredients i.e. Whole Wheat Flour along with Baking Powder and Baking Soda in a bowl and keep the mixture aside.
- Sift it one or two times.
Mixing Wet Ingredients:[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Making-of-the-Batter-for-Banana-Bread-part-2-300x200.jpg"][/url]
- Now it’s time to prepare a mixture of the Wet Ingredients.
- Add Sugar Powder to mashed Bananas and mix those properly using a fork or spoon.
- Now add the Oil to the mixture and mix.
- Add Eggs one by one and mix properly.
- Now it’s time to add the Vanilla Essence to the mixture.
Mixing Dry and Wet Ingredients together:[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Making-of-the-Batter-for-Banana-Bread-part-1-300x200.jpg"][/url]
- Mix ⅓rd of the Wheat Flour mix to the Wet ingredients mix and after mixing properly add another part and mix and complete the mixing by adding the last part.
- Add chopped Walnuts to the mixture.
- Now the Mixture is ready for baking.
Baking Whole Wheat Banana Bread:[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/Baking-Banana-Bread-300x200.jpg"][/url]
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees C for 10 minutes and start mixing all the ingredients. Banana Bread requires no extra standing time, unlike other Bread.
- Take a Bread Tin and coat it with some oil and then coat with little Flour.
- Pour the mixture into the Bread tin.
- Don't overload the tin with the batter. Bread Tin filled till ⅔rd height would be fine since we have added raising agents (Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Eggs) to raise the Bread.
- Bake at 160 degrees C for 50-60 minutes and do check frequently after 45 minutes of baking.
- Prick the Bread with a toothpick to check whether it is done or not. The Toothpick should come out clean when the Bread is done.
- Take the Bread Tin out in a Rack and de-mold the Bread Tin to get the yummy Banana Bread.
- Though Banana Bread can be stored for more than a Week in my place, it takes hardly one day to finish it.
Whole Wheat Flour can be replaced with All-Purpose Flour ( either 50-50 or 100%), however, I prefer to use Whole Wheat Flour since it is healthier and gives the bread a natural crunch due to the presence of fiber.
Refined Oil can be replaced with Butter but I always use Oil since it is healthier.
- Category: Bake
- Cuisine: World
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 24.5g
- Sodium: 176mg
- Fat: 20.6g
- Saturated Fat: 2.8g
- Carbohydrates: 59.4g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 6.6g
- Cholesterol: 41mg
A few easy baking recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Baked Soan Papdi and Mishti Doi Cheesecake topped with Mini Gulab Jamun (Also known as Mishti Doi Cheesecake)
- Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (Also known as a classic chocolate cupcake)
- Traditional Scottish Dundee Cake (also known as Dundee cake)
- Taler Bibikhana Pitha (Also known as Taler Pithe or Sugar Palm Cake)
- Mawa Cupcake with Nolen Gur Butter Cream Frosting (Also known as Mawa cake)
- Indian Christmas Cake (Also known as Rich Fruit Cake or Indian Fruitcake)
- Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins (Also known as breakfast savory muffin)
- Eggless Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe (Also known as Strawberry Oatmeal breakfast bars)
- Strawberry Tart (also known as Easy fruit tart)
- Classic Waffle (Also known as sweet waffle or basic waffle)
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins (Also known as fruit muffin)
- Daab Chingri (Also known as Prawn Cooked in Tender Coconut)
Have you tried the whole wheat banana bread recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani. On Facebook, I can be contacted through Debjanir Rannaghar by Debjani Chatterjee Alam page and you can use @foodofdebjani over Instagram/ Facebook/ Twitter to connect me!