- Tal / Sugar Palm: 1 (to extract at least 150 ml juice)
- Milk: 150 ml ( 1 cup)
- Egg: 2
- Gur/ Jagerri: 150g
- Vegetable Oil: 100 ml
- Ghee: 50g
- Rice Flour / Chaaler Atta: 50g
- All Purpose Flour/ Maida: 100 g
- Raisin: 15-20
- Cashewnut: 15-20
- Pistachios: 15-20
- Baking Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Cinamon Powder: ½ teaspoon
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Extracting-Sugar-Palm-Juice.jpg"][/url]
- Remove the skin of the sugar Palm or Tal and sprinkle some water on the fruit.
- Separate the carnels and great the carnels using a grater to extract the juice from the Sugar Palm.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Untitled.jpg"][/url]
- Around 150 ml Sugar Palm extract is required to make the Bibikhana Pitha.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 minutes and make the batter in between.
- Now Scrap the coconut.
- Take the juice of Sugar Palm in a wok and start boiling in low flame for around 5-7 minutes until the juice thickens and emits a nutty aroma.
- Take the juice in a bowl and add 150 ml Milk and using a whisk mix properly.
- Add Oil followed by Ghee and mix.
- Now heat the gur in the microwave for 2 minutes and add the liquid gur to the mixture and whisk.
- Add Two Eggs at room temperature and using the whisk mix thoroughly.
- Now add Rice Flour and All-Purpose Flour along with the baking powder and lightly fold the flour into the mixture.
- Add Raisin, Cashew Nut, and Pistachios and lightly fold.
- Take a baking mold and grease the same with vegetable oil.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Bake the Taler Bibikhana Pitha in Pre-heated oven for 25 minutes at 180 degrees C.
- The Pitha will not rise much, however, do check after 20 minutes of baking by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the Pitha to check the doneness.
- It took me 25 minutes to bake the Pitha.
- Take the Pitha Out of Oven and cool it on a wire rack.
- I have given the Pitha a rest of 1 day before serving it.
- You can store the Taler Bibikhana Putha in the fridge for 10 days or so if storing in an airtight container.
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Bengali
Other Sugar Palm or Tal Recipe apart from Taler Bibikhana Pitha Debjanir Rannaghar and few details about Tal:
Have you tried the Taler Bibikhana Pitha Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. In Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.