Momma you'll have five minutes to click the picture of Mango Pudding. After that, I will have the pudding and you won't disturb me. I'll wash the plate too. My once-in-a-while demanding daughter was quite demanding the other day when I made the quickest Pudding following the no gelatin no agar-agar mango pudding recipe for dessert. She wasn't ready to give it enough time to set and hence I ended on clicking a few pictures within no time almost. I picked a few bougainvilleas from our balcony garden and used those as props.
Easy Mango Pudding
I follow a super easy Mango Pudding recipe. I do not use Gelatin or Agar-agar in it. Instead, I use cornflour slurry to make a quick version of the pudding. This is a 4 ingredients recipe for mango pudding. I use fresh mangoes, sugar, cornflour, and milk and that is all.
Frequently Asked Questions
Fresh mangoes are advisable while making mango pudding. However, if not available or if you are making it in another season than summer, you can for sure use tinned mango pulp.
I prefer using the Himsagar variety. This is one of West Bengal's best mango varieties. Needless to say, you can use Hapush aka Alphonso. Kesar is a good choice as well. You can even use Gulabkhash or Dasheri or Langra. Basically, any good-quality sweet and ripe mango can be used.
This is a Gelatin or Agar-agar recipe of mango pudding. I use cornflour slurry for texture and it works great.
This is a no-bake mango pudding recipe. You only need 5-7 minutes of cooking on the stovetop and the rest you need to set on your refrigerator.
It depends on the sweetness quotient of the mango. Moreover, sugar helps in setting the pudding. However, you can use jaggery or artificial sweetener instead of sugar.
Easy 4 ingredients no gelatin no agar-agar vegetarian Mango Pudding recipe
- 2 Mangoes (ripe)
- 75g Sugar
- 3 Tbsp. Cornflour
- 150ml Milk
- Take 2 ripe mangoes and wash thoroughly.
- Cut the stem and then cut mangoes into three portions as shown in the video.
- Now scoop mango and also extract pulp from the body of the seed.
- You can use other methods to extract the pulp as well.
- Now use a blender and make a smooth mango puree.
- Take Pudding mold(s) and brush with oil and keep those ready for setting the pudidng.
- Meanwhile, take the milk and heat it to make it warm.
- Add cornflour to it and mix with a spoon to make the slurry.
- Heat a pan and transfer the mango puree and cook for 1 minute on medium flame.
- Add sugar and cook till the mixture turns a bit translucent.
- It will take one minute to mix and cook the sugar properly.
- You need to stir vigorously else the mixture will burn.
- Now give another mix to the slurry and add this to the mango concentrate.
- Mix continuously while cooking on low flame so that no lump forms.
- Cook for around one minute and then switch the flame off.
- Transfer the mixture to the mold while it is hot.
- Even the top with a knife or jerk it to reduce bubbles.
- Now place the molds at room temperature till the heat reduces.
- Transfer to the refrigerator and set give the setting time of 1 hour.
- While serving, unmold the pudding on a plate.
- If needed place the mold in a bowl containing hot water for 30 seconds. It helps in unmolding.
- Serve it chilled.
- Prep Time: 5 min
- Set Time: 1 Hour
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 120g
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 43.5g
- Sodium: 20mg
- Fat: 1.6g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 50g
- Fiber: 3.1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 3mg
Keywords: Mango pudding recipe, easy mango pudding recipe, no gelatin no agar-agar mango pudding recipe, 4 ingredients mango pudding recipe, vegetarian mango pudding recipe, mango pudding recipe debjanir rannaghar
Mango Pudding Recipe Video
Easy Dessert Recipes
- Bengali Mishti Doi (also known as Laal Doi)
- Fried Oreo Recipe (also known as Deep-fried Oreo)
- Perfect Tiramisu Recipe
- Sheer Khurma
- Doodh Sooji (also known as Mohanbhog aka Suji)
- Halwai Style Balushahi recipe
- Kolar Bora (also known as Bengali Banana Fritters)
- Bhapa Doi (also known as Bengali Steamed Yogurt)
- Kamala Bhog aka Kamalabhog
Have you tried the easy mango pudding recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.