Fired Oreos aka Deep-Fried Oreo! Interesting isn't it? How can one fry Oreos? Would it taste better? Worse? Heavenly? Let me tell you Fried Oreo is a very popular dessert (or snack) prepared with equally famous Oreo Cookies. In the US, the famous "Chicken Charlie" a man known for the fried delicacies, created these for the first time. Calories? Unhealthy? Well...How about some exercise after having this? Charlie's deep-fried Oreo! Charlie, the deep-fry king is believed to be able to fry anything edible! Some of the famous delicacies created by him are peanut butter, deep-fried pickles, olives, s’mores, and jelly sandwiches, twinkies, cheesecake, cupcakes, and obviously chicken. Charlie Boghosian introduced deep-fried Oreos in 2002 and the rest is history!
- Pasta's favorite Oreo Fry!
- Famous Deep-fried Oreo
- Fried Oreo
- The perfect recipe for deep-fried Oreos
- Fried Oreo recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Recipe Card
- Dessert Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Have you tried the Fried Oreo recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Quick Oreo Fry Pin for your Pinterest Board!
Pasta's favorite Oreo Fry!
I make this delicious yet easy deep-fried snack often at home. Pasta loves it. Moreover, she helps in making the homemade pancake batter for the deep fried Oreos. This is one easy-to-make snack/ dessert at home. I, in fact, make those during small get-togethers considering the recipe calls for very few ingredients. During the lockdown, we made several batches of fried Oreos.
Famous Deep-fried Oreo
The recipe of deep-fried Oreo cookies calls for Oreo cookies, pancake mix, Eggs (optional), and buttermilk. There are several variations available to the original recipe as well. It takes hardly 10 minutes to make this decadent dessert and the result is mind-blowing.
Fried Oreo dessert is famous all throughout the world. Charlie is also known as "The Man Who Fries Everything," or "Chicken Burns".
The perfect recipe for deep-fried Oreos
While making deep-fried Oreos, I use a homemade pancake mixture. You can use packaged pancake mix as well. You must refrigerate Oreo Cookies for around 1 hour before frying. Apart from that the rest of the process is quite easy.
Fried Oreo recipe from Debjanir RannagharPrint
Deep-fried Oreos aka Fried Oreo is an easy-to-make dessert/ snack. We use famous oreo cookies and deep-fry those to perfection in this recipe
- 20 Oreo Cookies (I use the signature cookie with vanilla stuffing)
To make the wet mixture:
- 1 cup (150ml) Milk
- 1 Egg
- A few drops Vanilla essence
- 1 Tsp. Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter
To make the dry mixture:
- 2 Cups (350g) Plain Flour
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 4 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- 300ml White Oil/ Vegetable Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar
- Keep Oreos in the refrigerator for one hour before frying.
- Take 350g Plain Flour in a bowl.
- Now add 2 Tsp. Baking Powder.
- Add 1 Tsp. Baking Soda as well.
- Add 1/2 Tsp. Salt to the mixture as well.
- Now add 3Tbsp. Powdered Sugar to it.
- Mix properly and strain through a strainer.
- Take 150ml Milk at room temperature in a bowl.
- Add 2 Tbsp. Melted Butter to it.
- Add 1 egg (at room temperature) as well,
- Now add a few drops of Vanilla or any other essence of your preference.
- At this point, add 1/2 Tsp. plain Vinegar and mix properly.
- There should not be any lump in the mixture.
- Now add the flour mixture in small batches to the wet mixture.
- After adding half of the flour mixture blend using a whisk.
- Once mixed properly, add the remaining flour mixture and mix to make a semi-runny batter. This is basically Pancake batter.
- You can add little milk to get the right consistency, which I have shown in the video for your reference.
- Once done, keep the mixture for 10 minutes before using it as the batter.
- Meanwhile, heat sufficient Oil (preferably White vegetable oil without any smell).
- The pan should be half-filled with the oil as deep-fried Oreo calls for deep-frying!
- Keep the flame medium all through.
- Now take an Oreo cookie and coat it with the batter. I use a fork to do this.
- Transfer the coated Oreo to the pan having hot oil.
- You can fry around 3-5 cookies at one go depending on the size of the pan you are using. I prefer to fry 3-4 at one go.
- You will have to fry both sides 1 Minute each.
- The coating should turn golden brown in color.
- If needed fry for a few more seconds.
- Once done strain from the pan and keep the fried Oreos aside.
- Now fry the remaining Orio cookies.
- Once done transfer fried Oreos to a plate and sprinkle some powdered sugar before serving hot!
- You can to the deep-fried Oreos with a dollop of ice cream or your choice of sauce such as caramel sauce or coulee etc.
Fried Oreo Recipe Video Debjanir Rannaghar
Instead of Oreo cookies, you can use other sandwich cookies as well.
Instead of a homemade pancake mix, you can use packaged pancake mix as well.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 254
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 182mg
- Fat: 17.6g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 21.1g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 3.1g
- Cholesterol: 16mg
Keywords: deep-fried oreo, fried oreo recipe, oreo fry recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Dessert Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Perfect Tiramisu Recipe (also known as classic Tiranisu)
- Sheer Khurma (also known as Sevian)
- Doodh Sooji (also known as Mohanbhog aka mishti Suji)
- Halwai Style Balushahi (also known as Badusha)
- Bhapa Doi (also known as Bengali Steamed Yogurt)
- Kamala Bhog (also known as Kamala lebur roshogolla)
- Kolar Bora (also known as Bengali Banana Fritters)
- Anglo-Indian Bread and Butter Pudding (also known as bread pudding)
- Komola Kheer (also known as Kheer Komola | Bengali Orange Kheer | Komlalebur Payesh)
- Chaler Payesh (also known as Bengali Rice Kheer)
Have you tried the Fried Oreo recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.