The story begins with a bowl full of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream! It was melted, creamy, cold but not chilled and I was confused! I was confused, what to write, after having the ice cream, or should I say, after the self-indulgence! I was happy, you can say mesmerized, and it was nothing but the after effect of the combination of Old Monk and seasoned Rum soaked Raisin and whipped cream! Then I decided to serve myself one more bowl full of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream. It was not even enough, I then ended on watching Lamhe!
The movie, they say made before ahead time. The movie they say, “once in a while comes a film, that makes you laugh, makes you cry, that makes you fall in love!” The Movie, I still love, I still watch for the sake of myself and yes I do cherish my portion of alcohol with it! Whenever I watch Lamhe, I cherish it, just like I cherish my glass of Wine or even the Rum, slowly! You read it right, I am talking about Rum, nothing fancy but the age old Old Monk. Though this time it was more intense, more desserty, it was Rum and Raisin Ice Cream, Lamhe and me!
I know, this post is nothing like a typical recipe post of mine! In fact, at this moment, I am drowsy, listening to the songs again. The Rum and Raisin Ice Cream is over, but I cannot say that about the aftertaste! I know I have to complete the post with the recipe but yet I need more to indulge myself! To feel love again! Have you ever whipped cream along with rum, have you ever fill the creaminess of it, have you ever loved the color of rum and whipped cream! Do that once to feel the love! I did while beating the whipped cream with loads of Old Monk! I almost smirked to myself while doing it; this was my Lamhe!
Oh, I have to share the recipe of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream Nah! Let me now come back to reality. Let me now be the snob I actually am, but not the romantic fool who can still blush after watching a Bollywood classic. Alcohol indeed has its effect but that I suppose is not neverending 🙂 . Let the practicality return with the recipe of Rum and Raisin Ice Cream!
- Whipped Cream: 500 ml.
- Condensed Milk: 100 ml
- Old Monk Rum: 150 ml (other brands can be used)
- Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits: 1 Cup
- Rum extract from the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits: 3 Tbsp.
- Powdered Sugar: 2 Tbsp. (optional)
- Beat the chilled Cream using a hand blender until the cream form medium soft pick.
- Now add chilled condensed milk and blend for a minute.
- Add powdered sugar and blend again.
- Now add chilled Rum to the mixture and blend for a minute or so.
- Now pour the mixture in a tin or container and cover it with cling film.
- Set the ice cream in deep-fridge for 3-4 hours or till the ice cream set completely.
- Take the ice cream out of the fridge and blend it again,
- Add Rum soaked Raisin and dry fruits along with the rum concoction at this point and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into a container again and cover with cling film.
- Set in fridge and serve when the Rum and Raisin Ice Cream set completely.
I do make the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits before Christmas and use that all through the year.
Though the cream I have used was with added sugar and the condensed milk was with sugar as well but I have added extra sugar to neutralize the flavor of rum.
The Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry Fruits for the Rum and Raisin Ice Cream & a few more suggestion!
I do make the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits 2 months before Christmas in big batches (at times 2 3 lit jar full) and use that all through the year. In case, you are not available with the same, soak the raisins and dry fruits in rum for at least 24 hours before use! Let me now again return to the boozy state, I mean I have shared the recipe after all!
Lamhe, have you seen Lamhe! The evergreen classic from Bollywood 🙂 . Take my word, make the Rum and Raisin Ice Cream, enjoy it with the movie and get back to me! Tell me how it goes. Till then, Kabhi main Kahu,Kabhi tum Kaho…. ke maine tumhe yeh dil de diya….