A boozy Rum and Raisin Ice Cream, that can be prepared very easily with hardly a few ingredients.
- Whipped Cream: 500 ml. (with added sugar)
- Condensed Milk: 100 ml
- Old Monk Rum: 150 ml (other brands can be used)
- Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits: 1 Cup
- Rum extract from the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits: 3 Tbsp.
- Powdered Sugar: 2 Tbsp. (optional)
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/12.jpg"][/url]
- Beat the chilled Cream using a hand blender until the cream form medium-soft pick.
- Now add chilled condensed milk and blend for a minute.
- Add powdered sugar and blend again.
- Now add chilled Rum to the mixture and blend for a minute or so.
- Now pour the mixture into a tin or container and cover it with cling film.
- Set the ice cream in deep-fridge for 3-4 hours or till the ice cream set completely.
- Take the ice cream out of the fridge and blend it again,
- Add Rum soaked Raisin and dry fruits along with the rum concoction at this point and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into a container again and cover with cling film.
- Set in fridge and serve when the Rum and Raisin Ice Cream set completely.
Do fridge the bowl to be used for blending, the blending attachment of the blender and the whipping cream well ahead before blending.
I do make the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits before Christmas and use that all through the year.
Though the cream I have used was with added sugar and the condensed milk was with sugar as well but I have added extra sugar to neutralize the flavor of rum.
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Fat: 23.4g
- Saturated Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 87mg