A boozy Rum and Raisin Ice Cream, that can be prepared very easily with hardly a few ingredients.
- 500ml Whipped Cream: 500 ml. (with added sugar)
- 100ml Condensed Milk: 100 ml
- 150ml Old Monk Rum: 150 ml (other brands can be used)
- 1 Cup Rum Soaked Raisins and Dry fruits
- 3 Tbsp. Rum extract from the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Sugar(optional)
- Beat the chilled Cream using a hand blender until the cream form a medium-soft pick.
- Now add chilled condensed milk and blend for a minute.
- Add powdered sugar and blend again.
- Now add chilled Rum to the mixture and blend for a minute or so.
- Now pour the mixture into a tin or container and cover it with cling film.
- Set the ice cream in the deep fridge for 3-4 hours or till the ice cream is set completely.
- Take the ice cream out of the fridge and blend it again,
- Add Rum soaked Raisins and dry fruits along with the rum concoction at this point and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into a container again and cover with cling film.
- Set in fridge and serve when the Rum and Raisin Ice Cream set completely.
- Do fridge the bowl to be used for blending, the blending attachment of the blender and the whipping cream well ahead before blending.
- I do make the Rum Soaked Raisin and Dry fruits before Christmas and use that all through the year.
- Though the cream I used was with added sugar and the condensed milk was with sugar as well but I have added extra sugar to neutralize the flavor of rum.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: No-fire Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 358
- Sugar: 27g
- Sodium: 98mg
- Fat: 23.4g
- Saturated Fat: 14.6g
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 0.3g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
Keywords: rum ice cream recipe, rum and raisin ice cream recipe, debjanir rannaghar