The daughter was super happy discovering two norom kola (overripe bananas) day before and she came to me with a big smile and a plan to make banana peanut butter ice cream! I had no reason to say no to her. I informed her that we have four bananas that are overripe which she can utilize! She, after all, is a very practical kid with fewer expectations especially during the tough time we are going through. She is managing quite well during the lockdown while the adults at home are fussing more. Our life for sure has changed during the official lockdown pertained to the global pandemic of COVID-19. I am getting frustrated at times and so is Mehebub. While Pasta is still sane and an understanding kid who is managing her parents with on and off requests such as banana and peanut butter ice cream.
The girl knows her parents are working from home and they cannot spent their entire day with her though they are at home. She is not complaining at all and she is quite happy that we at least are at home with her, While letting me know about the bananas she also informed me that she will make the Banana Peanut butter ice cream on her own! I asked for a few minutes to check whether we have Peanut butter in stock or not. Fortunately, I had two jars available to me.
Banana Peanut butter ice cream!
Our homemade ice cream is a two-ingredient ice cream that we make with only Bananas and also Peanut butter. As we mostly use peanut butter with added sweetness while making it and banana itself is sweet, we do not add any sweetener to Pasta’s favorite peanut butter banana nice cream.
Homemade banana ice cream is a no-fire recipe!
Banana Peanut butter ice cream does not call for any cooking over fire and hence it is quite safe for Pasta to make it. I just gave her a hand-blender and the ingredients to make the banana ice cream with peanut butter. She blended the ingredients and filled a box with the ice cream and then she washed the utensils as well. This COVID-19 is teaching us some of the very important life lessons which we have started ignoring. It was great to see Pasta taking her lessons online and then making her favorite treat on her own. She is not at all demanding and the best part is she understands the situation.
We gave ourselves a treat of healthy homemade ice cream!
Yes, we did that. We love ice cream after all. We have chosen to not to order regularly to maintain the social distance. This is the minimum we can do for ourselves as well as for society. At the same time, we must not make ourselves deprive especially when we are dealing with an extraordinary situation. Yet, we must not use the resources in excess. These small treats that we are making at home are making us happy and yet we are within our limit. Pasta’s healthy Banana ice cream was a treat that coffee (our pet daughter) enjoyed as well. It is just Pasta made a separate batch for coffee with unsweetened Peanut butter. Before we go to the peanut butter and banana ice cream recipe, let me tell you the ice cream is vegan.
Here’s how we make Banana Peanut butter ice cream at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Serves: 8 Servings
- Serving size: 50g
- Calories: 88
- Fat: 3.2g
- Saturated fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Sugar: 12.1g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 2.2g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Banana: 4 (use overripe bananas)
- Peanut Butter (sweetened): 3 Tbsp.
- Peel the skin of the bananas and cut those into small chunks.
- Take the bananas in a bowl (which you will use for making the ice cream) and fridge the bananas for two hours.
- Meanwhile, put the peanut butter in the fridge as well as it is to be used child.
- Now take the bananas along with the peanut butter and blend using a blender or in a food processor until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- You can serve it as it is or else you can fridge the ice cream for 2-3 hours to set properly. We prefer the frozen Peanut butter Banana ice cream.
- Drizzle some peanut butter over the ice cream while serving if you wish!
If using unsweetened peanut butter, and you wish the ice cream to be sweet add 2 Tbsp. Honey.
If making a treat for your canine pet, make sure to use unsweetened peanut butter.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Rum and Raisin Ice Cream (Also known as Old Monk ice cream)
- No-Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (Also known as Cherry chocolate ice cream)
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream (Also known as Eggless Strawberry Ice Cream)
- Kulfi | How to make Kulfi at home | Easy Indian Kulfi Recipe
- Mango Mastani
Have you tried the homemade banana ice cream recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here’s the banana ice cream Pin for your Pinterest Board!