Dalgona Coffee is nothing but whipped velvety latte prepared with instant coffee, sugar, and cold milk. This whipped coffee is the recent favorite of the netizens. This particular name of age-old Indian Phenti hui coffee got popular during the outbreak of Coronavirus. When a few days back Pasta saw a video and wanted to make the beaten coffee, I was quite surprised. I did not say not to her as I was available with all the ingredients. In addition to that, the process of making the dalgona coffee involves no-fire cooking which is an added advantage. She made the coffee day before and I captured the video. After that, we are having beaten coffee almost once a day and I decided to write about this recent craze of social media.
What exactly is Dalgona Coffee!
Dalgona coffee is a chilled latte prepared with instant coffee powder, milk, and sugar. You can make it with hot milk as well. It is quite easy to make and for sure a delicious enough that the coffee is now a craze.
Origin of Dalgona Coffee!
Dalgona Coffee has its origin in South Korea and maybe in India and other countries where similar coffee is being made. However, it is the South Korean version of the whipped coffee. Dalgona refers to a toffee from South Korea. Honeycomb toffee which is prepared with sugar, corn syrup, soda, and vinegar is known as Dalgona or ppopgi in Korea from the coffee got the name. The reason being the texture and taste of the coffee is very similar to the retro toffee!
Difference between Dalgona Coffee and Indian Phenti Hui Coffee!
Well, nothing but the name and the little fact that we mix the milk with the phenti hui coffee in the Indian version while in Dalgona coffee, we top the milk with the coffee foam.
How to make Netizen's favorite Dalgona Coffee!
The process is easy and when I say easy, it actually is absurdly easy. You need to whip a similar amount of instant coffee, sugar and hot water for around 2 minutes (using a blender) or around 8-10 minutes using a manual blender to get a frothy, creamy mixture of coffee. Then you have to take a glass with a few cubes of ice along with chilled milk. Next, you have to top the milk with the coffee mixture and voila! Your Dalgona Coffee is ready and all you need a spoon to mix it and serve!
Dalgona Coffee Video Recipe!
Well, I have not made a professional video for this recipe as my daughter decided to step in. She made the coffee and I captured the video using my phone. The video got so far the views on IGTV amongst all the videos I have posted. If it had not been the case, I would not use a separate video to show this recipe as Pasta made it amazingly.
Here's how I make Dalgona Coffee at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
Dalgona Coffee which is also known as cloud coffee is a chilled creamy and frothy latte prepared with only three ingredients
- Instant Coffee Powder: 2 tablespoon
- Brown Sugar: 2 tablespoon
- Hot Water: 2 tablespoon
- Chilled Milk: 200ml
- Ice cubes: a few
- Take the coffee, sugar, and water in a bowl.
- Whip the ingredients for 2 minutes using a hand blender or for 8-10 minutes if using a manual blender.
- You have to blend until the mixture turns creamy, foamy and yellowish-brown in color.
- Take three glasses/ cup and half fill with ice cubes.
- Pour milk till ⅔ of the cup.
- Top the milk with the coffee mixture using a spoon.
- Serve the coffee chilled.
- While having it, lightly mix using a spoon.
This recipe calls for instant coffee only.
Increase the amount of coffee, if you wish it to be bitter.
Sugar is to be added mandatorily.
I have used brown sugar to make the coffee. You can replace it with normal sugar.
It is better to use toned milk instead of full-fat milk.
You can make a big batch of the coffee mixture and can store it int he refrigerator for around 7 days.
- Category: Beverage
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 70g
- Calories: 57
- Sugar: 8.9g
- Sodium: 34mg
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.9g
- Carbohydrates: 9.3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 2.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Here are a few easy beverage recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- South Indian Filter Coffee(also known as Filter Kaapi)
- Kashmiri Noon Chai (Also known as Pink Tea from the valley of Kashmir!)
- Strawberry Banana Smoothie (also known as banana strawberry smoothie)
- Strawberry Lemonade (Also known as red lemonade)
- Thandai (Also known as Instant thandai drink)
- Mango Mint Date Lassi (also known as Mango Mint Date Smoothie)
- Mango Mastani (also known as mastani drink)
Dalgona Coffee Pin for your Pinterest Board!