My little munchkin loves chilled drinks and often demanded cold drinks which I don’t like to give her. To supplement her requirement of chilled drinks or better to say summer drinks I often make coolers, lemonade or milkshake at my place and Pasta loves to have her portion after returning from playschool or in the evening. Strawberry Lemonade is one of her favorite drink which I prepare for her whenever I am available with fresh strawberries.
Now that we have welcomed summer in almost every part of India; it is time to explore and re-explore different drinks! I love to make different types of summer drinks at my place to accommodate both our and little one’s taste bud. Me being a working mom, try opting for the handy things while making the drinks and lemonade with added fruit flavor is one of my favorite. It is not only very easy to prepare but is healthy with the fruit value.
The day before I was available with around ½ kg of fresh Strawberries. I and was planning to prepare some strawberry milkshake while my house help was cleaning the fridge. I saw 2 Gandharaj Lebu (Lime) there and then decided to make Strawberry lemonade instead of the Milkshake. Pasta loves strawberries a lot and so do I.
I make different drinks; cakes etc. with Strawberry quite often and given now Mehebub is not in India I don’t feel awkward while making goodies with Strawberry! He just hates strawberry! When I showed him the pictures of the Strawberry Lemonade over Skype he was laughing at me and told “see how selfish you both are; mother-daughter just don’t care about me; see there is nothing prepared for me” and my little pumpkin replied, “Papa Khabe Khabe have”.
On this note, let me share further detail about this easy and quick summer drink, Strawberry Lemonade. You just need some strawberries, Lemon/ lime juice, and sugar along with water to make this beautiful drink. However, instead of normal lemon, I have used Gandhoraj Lebu. This is a distant cousin of Kaffir lime and is easily available in the eastern India. The lemon was the reason the lemonade was a bit different and full of the smell of Gandhoraj Lebu. You can use normal lemon or lime instead.
- Strawberry: 300 g
- Powdered Sugar: 8 tbsp.
- Lime / Lemon Juice: 4 Tbsp.
- Water: 5 Cup (1.5 Lit) to make the lemonade and 2 cup for making ice
- Wash Strawberries and keep 3-4 Strawberries separated for garnishing.
- Make a smooth puree of rest of the Strawberries using a mixer.
- Now in the blending Jar of the Mixer take powdered sugar along with Lemon Juice and add pureed strawberries to it.
- Blend for 1 minute on medium speed.
- Now add chilled water and mix again.
- Instead of a blender, you can mix all the ingredients using a bowl and spoon as well.
- Strain the lemonade using a strainer and keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before serving.
- Cut remaining Strawberries into four equal pieces and place those in the ice tray and fill the tray with water and refrigerate to make strawberry ice.
- Serve Strawberry Lemonade with Strawberry Ice.
- Adding Ice cube is optional.
Few more Strawberry Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar:
- Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins
- Panna Cotta with Strawberry Coulis
- Strawberry Orange Popsicle