"Pasta what are these?" "Maraschino cherry momma and Fresh cherry!" "kiiiiii! once more please!" "Maraschino cherry!!" Pasta how about "Only Cherry" beta! I mean you are just 3.5 darlings! don't kill me with your hilarious vocabulary! and why don't you speak like other kids! How about some poem or something on the easier side", I murmured! And she replied after a pause "Momma eta maraschino cherry momma only cherry na!" I realized I better come up with my new blog post instead of asking my toddler about the type of cherry! And here's the No-Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream to soothe my little ego that was badly crushed by the knowledge of my little one!
I was nothing but tempted to grab the fresh Cherries I found in New Market last to last week. Not available all through the year in Kolkata but something I love a lot. I really don't mind paying a bit extra for the box of fresh cherries. Even Pasta loves fresh Cherries a lot. We both, however, ended on finishing the entire box (500g). I then ordered the same online to pamper ourselves a bit more. The pampering continues and I ended on making the No-Churn Chocolate Chip and Cherry Ice Cream. I prefer the Cherry ice cream with fresh cherries instead of with Maraschino cherry. However, this ice cream can be made with the Maraschino cherry as well.
This combination of Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip is deadly. For the ice cream, I have used Whipped Cream which was having a Vanilla flavor. The end product, Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Ice Cream was nothing but out of the World. I even found Mehebub to steal the ice cream and it was 2 o'clock at night ;)! Well, I also had my share at that time and not to mention our Ice Cream chat after that! Pasta though was on her very best and ended on having her portion on time!
Here's how I make cherry ice cream at debjanir rannaghar
No-Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is a seasonal ice cream prepared with fresh cherries
- 400g Fresh Cherry
- 500ml Whipping Cream
- 100 ml Condensed Milk
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar Powder
- 100g Chocolate Chip
- Put the Whipping cream in the deep fridge for at least one hour before using it.
- Take a glass bowl and put that along with the attachment of the mixer in the fridge for 15 minutes before using those.
- Now take the Cream on that cold bowl and using the mixer (I have used my hand mixer) beat the Whipped cream on medium speed until it forms stiff pick.
- If required put the bowl in between in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Once the whipping is done put the bowl in the Fridge.
- Now remove the stems from Cherries and make a puree of the same along with 2 Tbsp. of Sugar Powder.
- Add the Cherry puree to the Whipped cream and mix using the blender.
- Pour the mixture in a Tin (I have used Cake tin here) and fill through ⅔ of the tin and pour rest in another container.
- Cover the containers with Clingfilm and put it in the deep fridge to set completely. this will take around 3-4 hours.
- Now take the set Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a bowl again and add the Condensed milk and using the blended blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put them in the deep fridge to set.
- Blend one more time upon setting the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Add Chocolate chips and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put them in the deep fridge to set completely.
- Serve when the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream set properly.
The Whipped Cream I have used was with added Sugar. In case you are using normal cream add sugar accordingly.
I have not added any flavoring agent or color separately.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 8 hours
- Category: Ice Cream
- Cuisine: Continental
Other homemade Ice Cream Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
Have you tried the Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org or in Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.