I was nothing but tempted to grab the fresh Cherries I found in New Market last to last week. Not available all through the year in Kolkata but something I love a lot. I really don’t mind to pay a bit extra for the box of fresh cherries. Even Pasta loves fresh Cherries a lot. We both, however, ended on finishing the entire box (500g). I then ordered the same online to pamper ourselves a bit more. The pampering continues and I ended on making the No Churn Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I prefer the Cherry ice cream with fresh cherries instead of with Maraschino cherry. However, this ice cream can be made with the Maraschino cherry as well.
- Fresh Cherry: 400g
- Whipped Cream: 500ml
- Condensed Milk: 100 ml
- Sugar Powder: 2 Tbsp.
- Chocolate Chip: 100g
- Put the Whipping cream in the deep fridge for at least one hour before using it.
- Take a glass bowl and put that along with the attachment of the mixer in the fridge for 15 minutes before using those.
- Now take the Cream on that cold bowl and using the mixer (I have used my hand mixer) beat the Whipped cream on medium speed until it forms stiff pick.
- If required put the bowl in between in fridge for a few minutes.
- Once the whipping is done put the bowl in Fridge.
- Now remove the stems from Cherries and make a puree of the same along with 2 Tbsp. of Sugar Powder.
- Add the Cherry puree to the Whipped cream and mix using the blender.
- Pour the mixture in a Tin (I have used Cake tin here) and fill through ⅔ of the tin and pour rest in another container.
- Cover the containers with Cling film and put in the deep fridge to set completely. this will take around 3-4 hours.
- Now take the set Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a bowl again and add the Condensed milk and using the blended blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put in the deep fridge to set.
- Blend one more time upon setting the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Add Chocolate chips and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put in the deep fridge to set completely.
- Serve when the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream set properly.
I have not added any flavoring agent or color separately.
Other homemade Ice Cream Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar apart from Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
I do make Ice Cream quite often with seasonal fruits at home as Pasta alike every kid of her age enjoys Ice Cream. You can try out the Strawberry Ice Cream or Choco swirled Milkshake Ice Cream or the Strawberry Orange Popsicles.
Have you tried the Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com or in Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.