I was nothing but tempted to grab the fresh Cherries I found in New Market last to last week. Not available all through the year in Kolkata but something I love a lot. I really don’t mind paying a bit extra for the box of fresh cherries. Even Pasta loves fresh Cherries a lot. We both, however, ended on finishing the entire box (500g). I then ordered the same online to pamper ourselves a bit more. The pampering continues and I ended on making the No-Churn Chocolate Chip and Cherry Ice Cream. I prefer the Cherry ice cream with fresh cherries instead of with Maraschino cherry. However, this ice cream can be made with the Maraschino cherry as well.
Here’s how I make cherry ice cream at debjanir rannaghar
- Fresh Cherry: 400g
- Whipped Cream: 500ml
- Condensed Milk: 100 ml
- Sugar Powder: 2 Tbsp.
- Chocolate Chip: 100g
- Put the Whipping cream in the deep fridge for at least one hour before using it.
- Take a glass bowl and put that along with the attachment of the mixer in the fridge for 15 minutes before using those.
- Now take the Cream on that cold bowl and using the mixer (I have used my hand mixer) beat the Whipped cream on medium speed until it forms stiff pick.
- If required put the bowl in between in the fridge for a few minutes.
- Once the whipping is done put the bowl in the Fridge.
- Now remove the stems from Cherries and make a puree of the same along with 2 Tbsp. of Sugar Powder.
- Add the Cherry puree to the Whipped cream and mix using the blender.
- Pour the mixture in a Tin (I have used Cake tin here) and fill through ⅔ of the tin and pour rest in another container.
- Cover the containers with Clingfilm and put it in the deep fridge to set completely. this will take around 3-4 hours.
- Now take the set Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream in a bowl again and add the Condensed milk and using the blended blend again.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put them in the deep fridge to set.
- Blend one more time upon setting the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.
- Add Chocolate chips and fold lightly.
- Pour the mixture into the containers and put them in the deep fridge to set completely.
- Serve when the Fresh Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream set properly.
I have not added any flavoring agent or color separately.
Other homemade Ice Cream Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar apart from Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream:
Have you tried the Cherry and Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com or in Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.