My no-fail Baked Quail and Veggies recipe is easy to make and super tasty. This is something I bake whenever we can pick/ order quail. Choice of veggies, a few spices, and baking turned into a hearty baked meal. Needless to say, it is an easy recipe and ideal for baking beginners.
My simple Baked Quail recipe
We were cleaning the freezer yesterday and I found 5 quails. I then checked my stock and found the basic veggies such as Potato, onion, bell pepper, mushroom Tomato, Baby corn, and last but not least garlic. I had dry herbs from our last Bangkok trip and I used those. If you have fresh herbs nothing like that, however, dry herbs work quite well. In terms of veggies, I use whatever I am available with and mostly play around with those. Needless to say, if you have other veggies such as cherry tomato, zucchini, broccoli, etc. you can use those as well.
Carbs to go with baked Quail and veggies
Well, we love our portions of carbohydrate especially when there is a comforting animal protein is in offering. I mostly make a portion of mashed potato and also a small portion of buttered rice. While I prefer potato, both Mehebub and Pasta prefer rice with the bake.
Frequently Asked Questions
The meat will be firm from outside when properly baked. Around 25-30 minutes on 165 degree C is enough.
Size-wise Quail is much smaller and hence, takes less time to bake.
Not really. 20 minutes is perfect for chicken breast while you need to bake quail for 10 more minutes.
It is for sure. Quail is rich in amino acids, iron, and vitamin c. It is as good as chicken and in fact, more nutritious.
Do not cover it while baking; make a bed of veggies and place quail on the top and then bake. Do not over-bake it. Season the meat and veggies properly; give those a rest before baking and after marination.
Baked Quail and Veggies
My baked Quail and veggies recipe calls for basic veggies, some herbs, olive oil, and a good batch of quail!
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Set Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 Portions 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Fusion
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 5 Quail
- 2 Potato
- 2 Onion
- 5 Baby Corn
- 10 Mushroom
- 2 Tomato (or 10 Cherry Tomato)
- 1 Bell Pepper
Spice and Herbs
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- ¼ bunch of Lemongrass (fresh or dry)
- 1 Tbsp. chopped dry Red Chili
- 2 Tsp. Parsley
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 4 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Peel the skin of Potato and Onion.
- Cut all the veggies into small squares.
- Now take a bowl and take all the veggies along with washed quail.
- Add Garlic paste, Salt, black pepper powder, parsley, chopped lemongrass, chopped dry chili and also olive oil.
- Mix everything.
- Keep the bowl as it is for 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 165 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the content of the bowl to a baking dish.
- Make a bed of veggies and place the quail on the top.
- Pour the liquid over the quail and veggies.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 165 degrees C.
- Once done, switch the oven off.
- Remove the baking dish after 10 minutes from the oven.
- With a spoon fold lightly.
- On a serving plate first, place the baked quail followed by the veggies.
- Top those with the juice remaining in the pan.
- In case veggies are not fully cooked, you can heat 1 Tbsp. Oil and shallow fry those for 2 minutes and serve.
- Now serve it hot with your choice of carbohydrate.
- It is better to cut the veggies into small pieces; this will help in even baking.
- Instead of olive oil, you can use melted butter.
- Instead of salt, you can use sea salt.
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 602
- Sugar: 18.4g
- Sodium: 561mg
- Fat: 27.6g
- Saturated Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 64.1g
- Fiber: 8.2g
- Protein: 32.6g
- Cholesterol: 85mg
Keywords: Baked Quail, baked Quail and veggies recipe, quail roast recipe, quail recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Have you tried the easy baked Quail recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe which you can share here at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here's the baked Quail and veggies Recipe Pin for your Pinterest Board!
Other Recipes you may like
- Orange and Herb Roasted Chicken and Vegetables | Roast Chicken
- Phulkopir Roast (Bengali Roasted Cauliflower!)
- Bangladeshi Chicken Roast | Biyebarir Chicken Roast | বাংলাদেশী বিয়েবাড়ির চিকেন রোস্ট
- Baked Soan Papdi and Mishti Doi Cheesecake topped with Mini Gulab Jamun
- Easy Bread Pizza Recipe
- Chicken Liver Pâté Recipe
- Bhapa Doi (Bengali Steamed Yogurt)