You need four ingredients to make this sinful Gondhoraj Lebu and Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote. The balance between Coconut Milk and Gondhoraj Lime makes this dessert one of its kind.
- All you need to know about the Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote
- Summer special Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lime Sauce
- Gondhoraj Lebu substitute
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Coconut Pudding with Lime Sauce Recipe
- Gondhoraj Lebu and Coconut Pudding Video Recipe
- Have you tried the Coconut Pudding with Lime recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Perfect Lime and Coconut Pudding Recipe Pin for your Pinterest Board!
I always have been a fan of simple cooking processes. Cooking or baking is therapeutic yet I prefer the easy way outs. I am not for complecacies. I prefer readily available ingredients; super easy processes to follow even when I need to make something known to require a complicated cooking process. The Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote ticks all the answers and hence is my favorite dessert to make!
All you need to know about the Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote
As I already mentioned this dessert calls for only four ingredients and hence I prefer it. However, the subtle flavor and also the balance between the sweetness of coconut pudding and the tangy flavor and the heavenly aroma of Gondhoraj Lebu compote are way more important reasons for favoring this dessert. By the way, you need very basic skills to make the coconut pudding with lime sauce. Sounds interesting?
Summer special Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lime Sauce
I mostly make this comforting pudding in the summer. It takes hardly 30 minutes to make the pudding and also the lime sauce to drizzle. Needless to say, I love this and so do the family. 30 minutes of work on a Friday night is all I need to set the dessert for the weekend. Doable isn’t it?
Gondhoraj Lebu, also known as the king of limes is a popular lime in Bengal. We love it with Kolaier Dal and Aloo Posto, the famous Bengali spread along with steamed rice. This lime is having heavenly aroma and is on the subtle side in terms of tanginess. The famous Gondhoraj Ghol is another example wherein this lime is used. I use Gondhoraj Lebu in many desserts strategically as it is superbly refreshing. The Gondhoraj Lebu compote gives another layer to the subtle coconut pudding.
Gondhoraj Lebu substitute
Gondhoraj Lebu is one of the main ingredients used in making this dessert, Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote. However, there may be a chance that you don’t get Gondhoraj Lime in your area. After all, Gondhoraj Lebu is mainly available in West Bengal, Assam, and Bangladesh. I am sure that the Bengali supermarkets or stores keep it however if not available substitute it with Kafir lime or Kagji Lebu, whichever is available. If not anything, lemon juice would do. Just change the name accordingly while serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it a bit surprising that there is a FAQ section even if I am claiming that the recipe is super easy and calls for easily available ingredients? Well my friend, check the FAQ and let me know whether you have thought about the Q&A I have given below.
Believe me, both Package Coconut milk or Freshly extracted coconut milk both work. It is obvious that freshly extracted coconut milk does not contain preservatives; costs less, however, tedious to extract. On the other hand, packaged coconut milk mostly contains preservatives, high the price yet easy to use! Both have their own pros and cons. I mostly use packaged coconut milk unless Mehebub is ready to help me with coconut scrapping!
Vegetarians and also people with certain religious restrictions do not use Gelatin. They prefer Agar agar. We neither are vegetarians nor have any restrictions at home; however, I prefer Agar agar. I never liked the smell of Gelatin and always preferred Agar agar. Both works amazingly. The choice is yours.
No, my friend! Gondhoraj Lime, Kafir Lime, and even Kagji Lime are different varieties of lime. All good and specifically with an amazing aroma and perfect for making the lime syrup.
Coconut Pudding with Lime Sauce RecipePrint
Sinful Gondhoraj Lebu and Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote. The balance between Coconut Milk and Gondhoraj Lime makes this dessert one of its kind. This is a simple 4 ingredients coconut pudding with Lime sauce recipe!
To make the coconut pudding
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 3 Tbsp. Sugar
- 2 Tbsp. Agar agar
To make the Gondhoraj Lebu Compote
- 3 Tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Lime Zest
- 5-6 pieces of a lime cut into thin rounds (for decoration)
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
Making the Coconut Pudding
- Take 350ml Coconut milk in a saucepan and cook it on low flame.
- Add sugar and mix with a spoon.
- Cook for 2 minutes and vigorously stir.
- Now add agar agar and mix continuously to avoid lump forming.
- Once thicken switch the flame off.
- This will take around 1 minute after adding the agar agar.
- Even after switching off the flame, keep stirring.
- Now strain the mixture and with the help of a spoon smoothen the lumps if any and mix it properly.
- Transfer the mixture to the molds.
- Set those in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
Making the Goldhoraj Lebu aka Lime Compote
- Take Lime juice in a pan and switch the flame on.
- Once started bubbling; add 100ml water and mix.
- Now add 2Tbsp. Sugar and mix and cook till the compote thickens.
- Lastly, add half of the lime zest and switch the flame off.
- Fridge the sauce as well.
Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote - serving suggestion
- Depending on the type of mold you are using the serving will change.
- If you plant to de-mold the coconut pudding; do it over the serving plate; drizzle Gondhoraj Lime Compote and sprinkle some lime zest and serve.
- If you have used a serving mold wherein you don’t need to de-mold the coconut pudding; just top it with the lime sauce and sprinkle some lime zest and serve.
- Instead of tinned coconut milk, you can use freshly extracted coconut milk.
- Instead of agar agar you can use Gelatin.
- If Gondhoraj Lebu is not available, use Kafir lime or Kagji Lebu or normal lemon juice to make the compote.
Gondhoraj Lebu and Coconut Pudding Video Recipe
Have you tried the Coconut Pudding with Lime recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe. You can share here at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.