Now that we have welcomed 2017 and now that the winter break is over I am all set to back to the work and so does Pasta to school; however, this is not applicable to Mehebub as he is not lucky enough to get the winter break as I and pasta do, so far. I love this winter break a lot, and this is probably the best perk of my present job. In fact, I used to take leave when I was working with a UN organization before the present one from Christmas to 1st January to just to detoxicate myself with the activities I am passionate about and that obviously include baking. The recipe I am going to share today is not a typical Christmas special goodie but something I bake all through the year probably once or twice in a month for breakfast, Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins, something the entire family loves to have with their portion of morning tea/ coffee/ milk. I, however, baked these Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins in two batches during the Christmas break as Pasta demanded the same.
Though during the break, I had plenty of time to bake in a relaxing way but in general I am having a tight schedule in the morning given all of us have a similar timeframe for our office(s) and school. I never been a morning person and naturally to make anything in morning is kind of a nightmare to me. Just to give myself some extra time, I mostly ask my house help to chop, pack and store veggies properly in the refrigerator at night so that I can bake the veggies in the morning and the same applies to the cheese as well. I grate and store the same. I love my morning baking with a cup of hot coffee and a song to be played.
The Savoury Breakfast Muffins are quite wholesome yet tasty and can be baked very easily. There are several varieties available of this, however; the one I am going to share today is the Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins where I have used loads of veggies, two types of cheese and egg to make the muffins. These are something I often prepare for breakfast as it is really easy to carry with us while going office, we actually ended on grabbing the muffins while driving and Pasta loves her portion to carry with her to school.
These are something I love to make for Pasta, as my toddler is provided with the perfect dose of health and taste with these. I try to use veggies of different colors based on availability at my store and the same applies to the cheese. For this recipe, I have used Carrot, Onion, Bell Pepper, Green Peas and French beans along with Mozzarella and Processed cheese. I have used little mixed Italian spices along with some chili flakes and eggs were also there and rest is 20 minutes of baking.Print
Savoury Muffins loaded with the goodness of veggies
- All Purpose Flour / Maida: 1.5 Cup (250g)
- Baking Powder: 1.5 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to Taste (to be adjusted)
- Chili Flakes: 1 Tsp.
- Mixed Herb: ½ Tsp.
- Eggs: 2
- Milk: 1 Cup (150 ml)
- Refined Oil: ½ Cup (75 ml)
- Mozzarella Cheese: 1 Cup (grated)
- Processed Cheese: ½ Cup (grated)
- Carrot: ½ (chopped)
- Bell Pepper: ½ (chopped)
- Green Peas: ½ Cup
- Onion: 1 (chopped)
- French Beans: ½ Cup (chopped)
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Degree C for 10 minutes.[url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/Savoury-Cheese-and-Veggie-Muffins-6.jpg”][/url]
- Line a muffin tray with muffin cups.
- Cut and chop all the veggies into small pieces.
- Take All Purpose Flour along with Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Salt and shift the same using a sieve.
- Now in a bowl take two eggs and using a hand blender blend the eggs along with the oil till the mixture turns frothy.
- Now fold the flour mixture into the wet mixture lightly.
- Add Chili flakes, mixed herb and fold the chopped veggies as well.
- Now take 2/3 of the grated Mozzarella cheese and entire grated processed cheese and fold those into the mixture.
- Pour the muffin batter into the muffin cups and fill 2/3 of each cup.
- Sprinkle remaining grated Mozzarella Cheese over the muffins along with little chili flakes.
- Bake the Muffins for 20-25 minutes in 180 degrees Centigrade or until a toothpick comes out clean while inserting in the middle of a muffin upon baking.
- The Cheese and Veggie Muffins should be golden and crispy on the top upon completion of the baking.
- Take the muffin tin out of the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5-6 minutes before serving.
- The Cheese and Veggie Muffins best serve semi-hot.
The quantities of the ingredients mentioned here can be used for making 12 muffins.
I prefer to do the chopping work at night followed by a morning baking
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Continental
Few more easy Breakfast recipes apart from the Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins from Debjanir Rannaghar: