Now that our little one started with her formal schooling, we are having the change in our day to day life. Gone those days when we could think about an extra hour of sleep or can skip a morning meal; well I know it is not at all wise to skip a meal but sometimes 😉 an extra hour of sleep is probably more precious.
However, coming to the current scenario, we three plus the full-time house help started following an early day routine as we have to get Pasta ready for her school and finally she has started eating her food by her own that is also taking extra time. Coming to the food, Pasta nowadays help me while I make something for her (and us too); it is a fun game for her. She loves to mix the cake batter and pancake batter for that matter. In fact, she loves her portion of fluffy Pancakes with fruit chunks and a topping of dulce de leche.
It is not that making Pancakes is something tedious; in fact, pancake probably is one of the easiest things to make. I several times make Pancakes for Pasta's tiffin box. They are not having a lunch break in school but a shorter tiffin break and Pancakes are I found ideal for her box along with the fruits. In addition, I add an egg or two to the Pancake and opted for whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose (or sometimes a combination of both) flour and hence the box is turned into an ideal combination of protein, fat, and carbohydrate for my little one. Here goes the recipe of a very basic Pancakes, a favorite of my little one that I serve with fresh fruits and a topping of Dulce de leche ( you may found the recipe of dulce de leche here).Print
A very easy Pancake recipe perfect for kids lunchbox where pancakes are served with dulce de leche and fruit chunks
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 Cup
- All-Purpose Flour: ⅓ Cup
- Milk: ⅔ Cup
- Egg: 1
- Honey: 2-3 tablespoon (or Sugar can be used)
- Vanilla: 2 drops.
- Salt: ½ teaspoon
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 2-3 tablespoon
- Dulce de Leche: 1 tablespoon (optional for topping)
- Mix Fruit chunks: ½ Cup (optional to serve with the pancakes)
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/Edited.jpg"][/url]Take both the flour along with salt and baking soda in a bowl and mix everything using a spoon.
- Shift the Flour mixture 1-2 times
- Melt 1 tablespoon of melted butter with the milk which should be at room temperature.
- Add milk and butter mixture, honey, and egg to the mixture and mix using a spatula to a make a lump free batter for the pancakes.
- Add a dash of Vanilla to the mixture and give it a final mix.
- Melt rest of the Butter in a non-steak pan.
- Pour around 3 tablespoon full of batter over the melted butter and using the backside of a spoon spread the batter to give a round shape.
- cook for 1 minute on low flame until one side cooked properly and a few bubbles form on the top.
- after one minute cover, the pan with a lid cook for one more minute.
- open the lid and turn the pancake to cook on the other side as well.
- Take the Pancake out of the pan and make rest of the pancakes following the same process.
- Serve Pancake upon topping with little Dulce de Leche along with Fresh Fruit chunks.
Whole Wheat Flour can be replaced with All Purpose Flour and vice versa
Instead of honey sugar can be used
Dulce de leche can be replaced with any sweet syrup or jam
I prefer to serve Pancakes with fruits available at home which is totally optional.
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: World