It is been log I have posted a Kid's lunch box recipe. In this post, I will be sharing the recipe of Ragi Crackers. I make the savory crackers with Ragi Flour and Pasta carries those with her choice of dip to school at times.
- Ragi Flour/ Nachni Flour and its use in cooking!
- Benefits of Ragi!
- Ragi Crackers!
- Here's how I make Ragi Crackers at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Easy Recipes for Kid's Lunchbox from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Have you tried the Ragi Crackers recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Ragi Crackers Pin for your Pinterest Board!
Ragi Flour/ Nachni Flour and its use in cooking!
The Millet is a lookalike of Mustard Seed. Ragi aka Nachni Flour is a nutritious millet. The flour is also known as Nachni Flour and the millet itself is known as Finger millet. In India, flour is made out of this millet. Ragi is being used in India considering the nutritious value that this millet provides.
Ragi Idli, Ragi Dosa, agi sankati or ragi muddha, Ragi Roti, Ragi Paratha, Ragi Upma, Ragi Putu, Ragi Halwa, Ragi Ladoo, Ragi Barfi are to name a few Ragi dishes available in India in different parts of the Country. The women in several parts of the country are provided with a porridge prepared with Ragi after giving birth. Ragi is used in making baked goodies such as Ragi Bread or Ragi cracker as well.
Benefits of Ragi!
- Ragi is a great source of Carbohydrate;
- It contains amino acid and methionine;
- Ragi is a gluten-free millet and hence is a great millet for gluten-intolerant people;
- Ragi is a calcium reach millet;
- It helps in controlling diabetes;
- It is good for the heart;
- Ragi is Vitamin-D rich and helps in making the skin younger;
- Ragi is anti-oxidant reach;
- It helps in managing body weight;
- Considering all the above-mentioned benefits Ragi is very good for Toddlers and growing kids and also for the lactating mothers.
Ragi is good for the growing up kids and can be easily incorporated while making baked goodies. Needless to say, I use it to make different dishes for the little one. Pasta though is a non-fussy eater, however, she loves the Ragi Cracker most than other dishes that I make with Ragi. She carries the crackers with her choice of Dip to school and enjoys the same.
Here's how I make Ragi Crackers at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
Ragi Crackers are nutritious snack prepared with Ragi Flour aka Nachni Flour
- ½ cup Ragi Flour
- ½ cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- ⅓ Tsp. Salt
- ½ Tsp. Garlic Powder
- ½ Tsp. Ajwain
- 2 Tbsp. Oil
- Mix both the flour along with salt in a bowl.
- Add Garlic Powder, Black Pepper Powder to it and mix.
- Now add Ajwain to the mixture.
- Add Oil and knead till the mixture is crumbly.
- Now add water little by little to make a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth for 10 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven in 180 degrees C for 10 minutes.
- Now divide the dough into two parts.
- Roll out one part into a flat Disk with Roti-like thickness.
- Use a cookie cutter and cut into pieces.
- Now use a fork and prick in between.
- Make rest of the crackers as well.
- Grease a baking tray and place the unbaked crackers one by one.
- Bake them in 180 degrees C for 15 minutes or till those are properly baked.
- Cool those on a wire rack and store in an air-tight container.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Indian
Keywords: Ragi Crackers, cracker recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Easy Recipes for Kid's Lunchbox from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (Also known as Chocolate Cuppies)
- Chocolate Chip Muffins (Also known as Chocolate Muffin)
- Luchi Sada Aloo Chorchori Breakfast | Sada Aloo Chorchori Recipe
- Halloween Cake Pops (Also known as Cake Pops)
- Eggless Strawberry Oatmeal Bars Recipe (Also known as Strawberry Oatmeal breakfast bars)
- Savoury Cheese and Veggie Muffins (Also known as Savory Muffin)
- Anglo-Indian Bread and Butter Pudding (Also known as Bread Pudding)
- Mawa Cupcake with Nolen Gur Butter Cream Frosting (Also known as Mawa Cupcake)
- Pancakes topped with Dulce de Leche and Fresh Fruits (Also known as Dulce de Leche Pancake)
Have you tried the Ragi Crackers recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.