I finally purchased my first lot of fresh Strawberries a day back. I was really happy with a lot of red juicy mini wonders and. A box was finished within almost no time by me and Pasta! With a happy mind (and tummy) I then opened my fridge to store rest of the strawberries and found a lot of overripe bananas (as always)! Given both me and my little one were suffering from cold and cough last week we both skipped our regular dose of Bananas. I somehow forgot about the bunch that I have in the fridge! First thing came to my mind after seeing the bunch of bananas was nothing but a typical Banana Bread! This is what I make every time I have overripe bananas available in my stock!
I am baking several goodies for last few days and obviously, our taste bud would not allow simple banana bread in this baking season. I was aware that I am not available with Nutella as well (to make a Nutella Swirled Banana Bread). To be very frank, I was not at all in a mood to discard bananas. I finally decided to use bananas along with strawberries to make baked goodies. I Ended on making some really tasty Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins.
Strawberries go really well with Banana. My attempt at making Muffins using these two turned out awesome. Given, I bake different goodies entire December, I try to make a low-calorie version of baked goodies and hence made super tasty Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins with no added Butter. However, I replaced butter with refined oil. Also with the goodness of Whole Wheat Flour and a combo of two fruits. My muffins turned into a dose of a healthy treat for my little one.
I packed a Whole Wheat Strawberry Muffin in Pasta’s Snack box last morning and found she finished it completely. I had this with my morning cup of coffee and believe me it was a pleasure to have the super tasty, super soft muffin with a dose of Strawberry and Banana. Well, I have used my favorite small-sized “Kanthali Kala”, a local variety of small bananas but sharing the recipe using a normal banana for the ease of the readers.Print
Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins
Easy to make healthy whole wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins with no added Butter is a perfect dose of goodness and taste
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 15 Muffins 1x
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: World
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1.5 Cup (200g)
- Powdered Sugar: ⅔ cup (100g)
- Nutmeg Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Baking Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: ½ Tsp.
- Egg: 2
- Milk: ⅓ cup (50 ml)
- Refined Oil: ½ cup (75 ml)
- Vanilla Essence: ½ Tsp.
- Strawberries: 15
- Bananas: 2 (Big sized)
- All the ingredients are needed to be at room temperature before making the batter.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C for 10 minutes. [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Whole-Wheat-Strawberry-Banana-Muffins-Chopping-Fruits-300x200.jpg"][/url]
- Wash and cut Strawberries into small cubes.
- Remove the skin of Bananas and take bananas in a bowl and using a fork mash bananas.
- I prefer to retain few small chunks of banana to give the cake/ muffin a body.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Whole-Wheat-Strawberry-Banana-Muffins-Mixing-Dry-Ingredients-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Mix Whole Wheat Flour along with Baking Powder and Baking Soda in a bowl.
- Sift using a sieve two times.
- Now mix Nutmeg Powder with the Flour mix.
- Mix Chopped Strawberries lightly with the flour mix so that the strawberries are coated with flour.
- Add Mashed bananas in the flour-Strawberry mix and fold lightly.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Whole-Wheat-Strawberry-Banana-Muffins-Mixing-Wet-Ingredients-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Now take Eggs and Powdered Sugar in a bowl and using a hand blender or manual whisk start mixing both until the mixture turns creamy.
- It took me 2 minutes to mix both the ingredients using a hand blender.
- Add Oil to the mixture and using the blender blend for 1 more minute.
- Add Vanilla essence and Milk to the mixture and blend for 1 more minute.
- Now make a well in the mid of the flour mix and pour the wet mixture.
- Using a spatula fold everything lightly by Cutting and folding.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Baking-Whole-Wheat-Strawberry-Banana-Muffins-300x200.jpg"][/url]
- Line a muffin tin with muffin liners.
- Using a tablespoon or Ice-cream scoop fill ⅔ of each muffin liner with the batter.
- Tap the muffin tray on table top after filling the tray.
- Bake at 180 degrees C for 15-20 minutes in preheated oven. It took me 15 minutes to bake Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins.
- Check at around in 15 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the mid of the muffins and if required bake for few more minutes.
- Take Muffins out of the oven after baking and cool on a wire rack.
- Store Muffins in an airtight container. These muffins can be stored for a month if refrigerated.