Day before yesterday was really special for me! I was almost ready for the office and in the mid of my breakfast and hubby had left for the office as usual. Suddenly I heard the regular text tone of my mobile and was a bit surprized after checking the text…. It’s hubby!! “Open the door Dumbo!! There’s a delivery boy outside from Amazon”.. And there was a surprize outside the door.. A supercool OTG! Murphy Richard’s 28 Lit RCC … which I was planning to buy as I am not at all satisfied with the baking quality of my Convection Oven and I used to borrow my land lady’s age old OTG every now and then… and Aunty is such a nice lady ….I was really excited with the new toy in the kitchen! And was not able to decide what to prepare at inauguration! I finally decided to bake some amazing “Chocolate Chip Cookies” or “Choco-chip Cookies”. Since, it’s a special occasion I never thought to cut the calories except less use of Choco-chips as Pasta is going to be the main eater and she is blessed with only 8 teeth by the tooth fairy till date..
Making Chocolate Chip Cookies is actually very easy and those tastes fabulous. Though I sometimes opt for replacing Butter with Oil and All Purpose Flour with Whole Wheat Flour but these time I have not opted for any substitution. It was a pleasure baking with my new OTG and it worked superb. My little pumpkin enjoyed her portion of Chocolate Chip Cookies with milk and praising by blinking her little eyes.Print
Easy melting in mouth Chocolate chip cookie recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar
- All Purpose Flour / Maida: 2.5 cup
- Baking Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: 1 Tsp
- Unsalted Butter: ½ Cup
- Castor Sugar: 1.5 Cup (half of the sugar can be replaced with brown sugar)
- Chocolate Chips: 50 g (extra can be used; I have used dark chocolate chips; other flavour also would do)
- Egg: 2
- Vanilla Essence: ½ Tsp.
- [url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Chocochip-2BCookies-300×214.jpg”][/url]
- Mix all the dry ingredients i.e. All Purpose Flour, Baking Powder, Baking soda and Salt in a bowl.
- If unsalted butter is not available then normal salted butter can be used but in that case no need to add extra salt in flour.
- In a bowl take Butter in room temperature and add Sugar powder and start beating to get a fluffy creamy mixture.
- Now add one egg and again beat and then add another egg and the vanilla and again beat to get the wet mixture done.
- Now it’s time to mix dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
- Don’t add entire flour at a time but add the flour in three parts and mix with the wet ingredients using cut and fold method. Don’t over mix.
- Finally add Chocochips to the mix and the end product should be semi-soft Cookie dough.
- Cover the dough using a Cling film and transfer it to refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven in 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the refrigerator and make small 1.5” rounds out of it and place them on a baking tray and bake for around 10-12 minutes in 180 degree C.
- There should be a gap of 3” between the cookies.
- Do check after 8 minutes the condition of the cookies since every oven is different!
- Take the cookies out in a wire rack and give a standing time of 10 minutes.
- [url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Chocochip-2BCookies12-300×214.jpg”][/url]
- Category: Cookie, Baking
- Cuisine: World, Indian