Like father like daughter! They have a similar taste for food & several excuses for not having veggies! Even the pint-sized little one is as adamant as her father and I always try to find weird ways to add veggies to their diet as much as possible. This is the main reason why I just love Carrot Cake! Both of them have a sweet tooth and they love fresh home-baked cake. This super moist cake is full of carrots and it serves the purpose of adding veggies to their diet. For me, it’s a guilt-free cake. However, Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting is not that guilt-free though we love it!
This is however not the Classic Carrot Cake Recipe! Walnut is one of the main ingredients in the Classic version which I do not add. I have not added walnuts and twisted the Cake batter with a punch of Orange Juice to make the Cake more nutritious. The cream cheese frosting though is prepared following the typical ingredients.
Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting 2020 update!
When I wrote this recipe back in 2015 Pasta was two years old. I never thought I will update this with further details. I not only updated the pictures but I have added a very special video of Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting where Pasta is in action! She is making the cake and I must say in 2020 she is quite a pro. At present we are homebound as we are fighting the pandemic of COVID-19 and as a family, we are working jointly. Pasta learned several things including baking a cake. In this recipe, for the first time, she has tried her hands at making frosting as well. I am super proud.
You must watch the video to see Pasta in action. My role was limited to capturing her work and giving her a few instructions!
Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting video recipe!
Here's how I make Carrot Cake with Cream cheese FrostingPrint
This is a very easy recipe for Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting which for sure is drool-worthy!
- 300g All-Purpose Flour / Maida (2 Cup)
- 300g Grated Carrot (2 Cup)
- 1 Tsp. Nutmeg Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Powder
- ½ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 150g Powder Sugar (1 Cup)
- 4 Egg
- 200g Plain Yogurt (1.5 Cup)
- Refined Vegetable Oil: 1 cup
- 200g Cream Cheese
- 100g Butter
- 75g Icing Sugar
- 5 drops Vanilla Essense
To make the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 160o C for 10 minutes.
- Mix All Purpose Flour with Nutmeg Powder, Baking Powder, Baking Soda, and Orange Peel.
- After mixing add the Grated Carrot to the Flour mixture and fold lightly.
- Now take Brown sugar and Castor Sugar in a Bowl and add Vegetable oil using a hand beater or electric blender blend to get a creamy mixture for around 5-7 minutes.
- Now add Eggs one by one to the mixture and continue mixing.
- Then add Plain Yogurt and Orange Juice to the mixture and blend for 3-4 minutes.
- Now mix the Flour mix with the Wet mixture using the cut and fold method.
- Take a Cake mold of your preference and spray some oil and then place a piece of parchment paper in the base and then pour the cake mixture in the Cake Pan. I have used two rectangular Cake mold for my cake.
- Now it’s time to bake the Cake!
- Bake Carrot Cake at 160o C for 30-40 minutes and check the cake after 30 minutes by inserting a knife or toothpick. If the cake is done knife or toothpick should come out clean. It took me around 40 minutes to bake the cake.
- I haven’t used heavy frosting for this cake instead used light and simple frosting of Orange Juice and Castor Sugar.
- Beat Castor Sugar with Orange Juice for around 5 minutes to get thick creamy frosting.
- Spread the frosting over the cake!
- And what else….Carrot Cake with Cream cheese Frosting is ready. Just grab it and have it.
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Cake
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: World
Keywords: carrot cake recipe, carrot cake with cream cheese frosting recipe, easy carrot cake recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Cake recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Chocolate Cupcake with Chocolate Buttercream Frosting (also known as chocolate cuppies
- Baked Soan Papdi and Mishti Doi Cheesecake topped with Mini Gulab Jamun (also known as mishti doi cheesecake
- Halloween Cake Pops (also known as cake pops)
- Traditional Scottish Dundee Cake (also known as dundee cake)
- Taler Bibikhana Pitha (also known as Taler Pithe or Sugar Palm Cake)
- Whole Wheat Banana Bread (also known as banana bread)
- Pancakes topped with Dulce de Leche (also known as dulce de leche pancake)
- Mawa Cupcake with Nolen Gur Butter Cream Frosting (also known as Mawa cuppies)
- Pumpkin Cupcake (also known as pumpkin cuppie)
- Indian Christmas Cake (also known as Rich Fruit Cake)
- Eggless Marble Cake (also known as Marble cake)
- Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcake (Also known as Red velvet cuppies)
- Whole Wheat Strawberry Banana Muffins (also known as banana muffin)
- No Bake Oreo Cheesecake (also known as oreo cheesecake)
- No Bake Mango Cheesecake with Paneer (also known as Mango Cheesecake)
- Rainbow Surprise Cake (also known as rainbow cake)
- Tutti Frutti Bundt Cake (also known as tea cake)
I would love to see a picture if you are making the prawns following my recipe. You can share here at email@example.com. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.