“Hello, Boudi (read sister in law)! Can you please bring some Marble Cake while returning from office”; this is what my house-help asked over the call! “Why do you need Marble Cake from outside; there is a Rich Fruit Cake I made the day before; you can have that”; her Boudi replied hurriedly! “I don’t need this for me but for Pasta! She will be carrying this as her mid school snack tomorrow to school”. Boudi cut the call and returned home with no Marble Cake with her and her beloved House help was not at all happy. She handed a cup of coffee to her Boudi and finally asked: “ why can’t Pasta carry marble cake alike other kids?” Boudi replied, “She can and she will but not a store-bought one”! “Then!!” “Her mom is going to make an Eggless Marble Cake for her”.
“Why eggless?”! “Because I am going to use Eggs in an order that I received today for a Rich Fruit Cake and will be making an Eggless Marble Cake for Pasta which is as good as the cake with Eggs”. The conversation ended there and Pasta’s Mom started making two cakes simultaneously: One Rich Fruit Cake with Eggs and an Eggless Marble Cake for Pasta!
Who does not love gooey Marble Cakes and we are not an exception! I made this super gooey Eggless Marble Cake for my daughter who loves to have cake as her mid-morning snack when she is in school. This recipe is a winner one and never failed ever! A perfect blending of All Purpose Flour, Curd, Oil and Condensed Milk with no added Eggs and flavored with vanilla and cocoa with the amazing marbled swirl! I have again used my new Borosil Prima 19 L OTG to bake this cake and it came out just perfect.Print
Eggless Marble Cake
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 7-8 Person 1x
Eggless Chocolate swirled Vanilla cake or Eggless Marble cake prepared with all purpose flour, hung curd, condensed milk and sugar.
- All Purpose Flour: 1.5 Cup (225 g)
- Baking Powder: 2 Tsp.
- Baking Soda: ½ Tsp.
- Cocoa Powder: 2 Tbsp.
- Granulated White Sugar: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Hung Curd: ⅔ cup (100 g)
- Condensed Milk: ⅔ cup (75 ml)
- Vinegar: 1 Tbsp.
- Vanilla Essence: few Drops
- Refined Oil: 1 cup (100 ml)
- Water: ½ cup ( 50 ml)
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees C for 10 minutes.[url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/How-to-make-Eggless-Marble-Cake-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Take All Purpose Flour along with Baking Powder and sift it using a sieve.
- Now take Hung Curd along with Refined Oil in a Bowl and using a whisk or hand mixer start mixing in medium speed until curd mixed completely with Oil and become frothy.
- Add Sugar to this mix and start mixing again until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add Condensed milk to the mixture and again give a mix in medium speed to mix all the ingredients together.
- Take Baking soda in a small bowl and pour vinegar over the soda and the mixture will turn frothy instantly.
- Add this mixture immediately to the wet mixture (Oil- Curd- Condensed milk- Sugar) and give it a mix again.
- Now add Water to the mixture.
- Add few drops of Vanilla essence and using the blender blend for around 1 minute at medium speed until the mixture turns frothy.
- Now add Flour mix to the wet mixture in three small batches and using a spoon fold it lightly using cut and fold method.
- Divide the mixture into two parts: ⅔ and ⅓.
- Take a baking tin and grease it using some oil and pour ⅔ mixture into the baking tin. I have used a Bundt pan for this.
- Mix Cocoa Powder with the remaining wet mixture (⅓) and pour this over the white mixture already poured in the cake tin as shown in the picture.
- Using a fork make swirl over the white mix by the Chocolate mix.
- Bake the cake at 170 degrees C for 40-50 minutes.
- Check whether the cake is done or not after 40 minutes by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the cake. If the toothpick comes clean then the baking is done else few more minutes of baking is required.
- It took me 50 minutes to bake the cake.
- Take the cake out of the oven and cool it on a wire rack.
- Cut and Serve Eggless Marble Cake.
- This cake can be stored in refrigerator for 5-7 days.
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/Marble-cake-without-Egg-300x300.jpg"][/url]
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: World
Cake recipes apart from the Eggless Marble Cake from Debjanir Rannaghar:
- Traditional Scottish Dundee
- Sugar Palm Cake
- Mawa Cupcake with Nolen Gur Butter Cream Frosting
- Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcake
- Black Forest Cake
- Lemon Tea Cake
- Tutti Frutti Bundt Cake
Have you tried the Tel Koi Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com or in Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
You can follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram for updates and recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar.
The Marble Cake looks delicious, I'll surely try it soon.
- Style.. A Pastiche!