Mango is an amazing fruit and can be used in making various desserts and Mango Cheesecake is one of the common yet delicious desserts made out of Mango Pulp. Mango Cheesecake is traditionally prepared with Cream Cheese but this time I tried using Cottage Cheese or Paneer instead of Cream Cheese. Paneer is a cheaper option than Cream Cheese and is easily available and can be prepared at home with minimal effort. This is actually “Indified” version of Cheesecake but the end result is as good as the Cheesecake prepared with Cream Cheese. This No Bake Mango Cheesecake reminds me the taste of Aam-Sandesh that I used to have in Kolkata…
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
Author: Debjani Chatterjee
- Digestive Biscuit: 18
- Butter: 50 g
- Powdered Sugar: 1 Tbsp.
- Ripped Mango: 2-3 (based on the size and type); I have used “Lyangra” variety
- Mango Juice: 300ml
- Paneer / Cottage Cheese: 250 g
- Full Cream: 100 ml (I've used Amul Cream)
- Condensed Milk: 400g (I've used Milkmaid)
- Hung Curd: 250 ml
- Powdered Sugar: ½ cup or as per taste
- Gelatin / Agar Agar: 3 Tsp.
- Aamsotto/ Aam Papad: for filling (optional)
- For Topping:
- Mango Jelly: 1 Cup ( I've used homemade Jelly; click for recipe)
- Ripe Mango: 1 (Chopped)
Making of the Base of Cheesecake:
- Melt butter and crush digestive biscuits along with melted butter in a food processor for 40 seconds. (You can use a rolling pin to crush biscuits) and mix 1 tbsp powdered sugar with it.
- Take a Greased cake tin and pour the biscuit mixture in the tin and press to set the mixture evenly.
- Refrigerate the cake tin for 2 hours after covering it with a plastic film.
Making of the Cheesecake:
- Take a muslin cloth and pour the curd and tie the cloth properly and then hang it for 5-6 hours to get hung curd (I did it in the night to get the curd in the morning).
- Extract pulp from mangoes and keep the pulp aside.
- Take Paneer and cut into small cubes and then transfer the paneer into a food processor to make a smooth paste.
- Add hung curd, Condensed milk, Mango pulp, mango juice and sugar powder with the Paneer and mix those properly in food processor for 40 seconds.
- Take 4 tbsp water in a small pan and warm it and add Gelatin or Agar agar and dissolve it properly.Mix it with the cheesecake mix.
- Take the mixture in a bowl and mix full cream by cut and fold method.
- Add chopped Aamsotto in the mixture.
- Transfer the entire mixture in the previously done cake tin and set it in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours.
Decorating the Mango Cheesecake:
- Pour Mango Jelly over the cheesecake and spread properly.
- Decorate with chopped Mangoes
- Refrigerate till the Jelly set.
- Yummy No Bake Mango Cheesecake is ready to serve.
*Pictures updated on 25-05-2015 as previous pictures were not up to the mark 😛 😆
Spread the love