Though easily available in stores but the taste of the homemade Mango Jelly is nothing but over the top and there is one more reason for which I prefer to prepare it at home; in the homemade Jelly I use my favourite variety of Mango – Himsagar or Lyangra instead of big ones like Safeda or Alfanso. For me making Mango Jelly is a pleasure...I just got mesmerized by the Amazing Smell, Awesome Colour and A1 taste of homemade Mango Jelly..
Homemade Mango Jelly can be served as it is as a dessert or with Bread or can be used as topping for Cheesecake... It is really easy to make Mango Jelly at home and it can be prepared with very basic ingredients available in any local market. Here is the link of Mango Cheesecake where I've used homemade Mango Jelly as topping.Print
- Ripped Mango: 2
- Mango Juice: 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar: ½ Cup
- Gelatin / Agar agar: 1.5 tsp
- Take 4 tbsp water in a small pan and warm it and add Gelatin or Agar agar and dissolve it properly.
- Extract Pulp from mangoes and mix it with the mango juice.
- Take the mixture in a deep pan and cook in low flame for about 10 minutes or till the mixture turns translucent.
- Add powder sugar and cook for another 7-10 minutes in low flame and then add dissolved Gelatin / Agar agar.
- Take out the mixture from flame and cool it for around 10 minutes.
- Pour it over the cheesecake and spread properly.
- Refrigerate till the Jelly set.
- Category: Jam & Jelly
- Cuisine: Indian