I was going through my last post on a snack platter of Black Chickpeas Kebab and Red Velvet Cupcakes that I have prepared for 20 underprivileged children on Asthami and found the post a bit clumsy with two recipes! On that thought I have decided to just to post the Red Velvet Cupcake recipe separately for the sake of my eyes! As I already mentioned in my last post that it was an amazing feeling to cook for the group of little angels and my own little tadpole helped me a lot with her shining smile and she was excited too since She loves cupcakes! I have made Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcakes and used oil instead of butter in the batter of the muffins! My Cupcakes came out superb and apart from the 20 cakes I prepared 5 pieces extra for us so that Pasta can cherish her portion with milk and me with my cup of Coffee!
The miniature of the classic Red Velvet Cake with a twist of Whole Wheat Flour and no butter along with a charming Red colour! Here goes the recipe again for Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcake! Do try it and let me know how it comes out! Believe it is a pleasure to bake Red Velvet cupcakes and amazing to grab those without thinking about bad calories since these cakes are made up of Whole Wheat Flour!Print
To make Red Velvet Cupcake
- Whole Wheat Flour: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Granulated Sugar: 1 Cup (150g)
- Cocoa Powder: 2 Tbsp.
- Egg: 2
- Milk: ½ Cup
- Vegetable Oil: 2/3 Cup
- Baking Soda: 2/3 Tsp.
- White Vinegar: 1 Tbsp.
- Gel based Red Food Colour: 3 drops
- Vanilla Essence: 3-4 drops
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
- Whipped Cream: 200ml (I have used cream with added sugar)
- Vanilla Essence: 3 drops.
Making of the Cupcake:
- Preheat oven in 180 degree c for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl sift Whole Wheat Flour along with salt and Cocoa Powder.
- In another bowl take 2 eggs in room temperature and mix using a hand blender until the eggs turn fluffy.
- Add Sugar to it and mix again for 30 second or until sugar mixes properly.
- Add Milk, Vanilla Essence and Red food Colouring and give it a mix again.
- Now add Oil to the mixture and using the bender blend properly.
- In a small Bowl add Baking soda and While Vinegar and it will start bubbling and mix it immediately to the Wet mixture (Egg-sugar-Oil-Milk) and mix.
- Now add Flour mix in three batches to the Wet mixture and mix property using cut and fold method. Don’t overmix in this stage.
- Line a Cupcake tray with Muffin liners and pour 2 Tbsp. of the batter in each Cupcake liner.
- Now bake Cupcakes in the preheated oven for 15 minutes in 180 degree c and check after 15 minute by inserting a toothpick whether the cupcakes are done or not.
- If required bake for few more minutes.
- Remove Red Velvet Cupcakes from the oven and cool on a wire rack.
Making the Topping and finishing Cupcakes:
- Refrigerate the bowl that to be used for whipping the cream and whipping attachment of the blender in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before making the frosting.
- Whipping cream also needs to be refrigerated. I have kept it in the Freezer overnight.
- Now take the cream along with few drops of vanilla essence in the bowl and using the whipping attachment of the blender start blending the cream in medium speed for 2 minutes and then in high speed for one more minute.
- Don’t over blend and make a medium pick whipped cream.
- Take Whipping cream in a piping bag and decorate cakes with the Whipped cream.