Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce. Fresh Shrimp cooked with Spinach and a lot of garlic in a creamy buttery sauce! All you need are 20 minutes and the ingredients. Good to go?
- Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce and more Shrimp/ Prawn Recipes
- Ingredients for Shrimps in a Creamy Spinach Sauce
- Instructions - Shrimp and spinach in the cream sauce recipe
- 30-minute Shrimp Recipe and why?
- Equipment and Storage
- Top tip
- Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce - Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipe Card
- Easy 30-minutes Recipes
- Let's Connect!
- Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce Pin for you
Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce and more Shrimp/ Prawn Recipes
Hello hello and welcome! Here I am with another Shrimp Recipe. Well, you can make this super easy Shrimp and Spinach cream sauce recipe using prawns as well!
As you know I love to cook shrimp and prawns and this blog of mine is having almost all the recipes I cook using those. Well, not all! I haven't been able to click the pictures of a few recipes using prawns or shrimps which are very interesting and range from my forte- Bengali cuisine to international.
However, You can check the recipe category I have created with Shrimps and Prawn here. Also, as I always write at the end of each recipe, please let me know your feedback.
Ingredients for Shrimps in a Creamy Spinach Sauce
First and foremost fresh Shrimp are needed or you can use Prawns. I prefer using fully dressed shrimp while making Shrimp in Creamy Spinach Sauce. Apart from that, for creamy Shrimp and Spinach, I use chopped onion and garlic paste which are optional. In fact, most of the recipes I have seen for creamy Shrimp and Spinach, use only onion powder and garlic powder. However, I prefer the crunch of chopped onion and the pungency of garlic paste. If you want a subtle version, skip these two and use powders instead. For the rest check the list I have given below and the recipe card for measurements.
- Garlic Paste
- Lemon Juice
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper Powder
- Fresh Cream
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions - Shrimp and spinach in the cream sauce recipe
Here are the basic steps. You can check the recipe card for instructions. Believe me, this is a super easy recipe for Shrimp and it tastes delicious. I mostly cook this creamy shrimp and spinach in big batches so that we can have it with steamed rice. I use the leftover to cook Pasta for Pasta! Well, if you don't know, my daughter's nickname is Pasta 😛 .
Use fresh and dressed shrimp
Marinate with salt, black pepper, garlic paste, and lemon juice.
Marination is the key
Use butter to make the gravy
Fry both Onion and shrimp. Check the recipe card for timing.
Add Garlic paste, Black pepper and Garlic Powder as well
Strain Shrimp and add Spinach
Cook the spinach
Add cream and after cooking add shrimp again
Now add Parsley and Thyme.
Ummmm! let me think! Well, here goes the list of substitutions.
- Spinach - Okay you need spinach! However, you can use baby spinach instead of normal spinach 😉 .
- Black Pepper - use paprika for a spicier version
- Butter - how about olive oil for a low-calorie version of Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce
30-minute Shrimp Recipe and why?
As I wrote already I cook this Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce and use a part of it to make a scrumptious Prawn Pasta. This simple prawn recipe takes only 20 minutes or so and by adding some more minutes I make seafood Pasta. Though I run a recipe blog, I prefer to spend less time possible in the kitchen. I mean after a full-time job as an ESG specialist, a kid called pasta, two dogs called Coffee and Luchi, a husband called Mehebub, and the entire family called..... Well, I am not going to write the names! The thing is the less time possible in the kitchen is the best for me. After all, I need my precious me-time after managing the not-so-simple chores of life.
You will find most of the recipes on my blog takes hardly around 30-40 minutes. Even if there are recipes like Mutton Leg Roast or Mutton Kosha, those are rare occurrences.
Equipment and Storage
A good pan is what you need to cook the shrimp along with spinach in a buttery creamy sauce! If you are making a big batch, use an air-tight container to store in the refrigerator.
Do not over-cook Shrimp!
Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce - Frequently Asked Questions
Go for this recipe of Shrimp and prawns in a creamy spinach sauce. If needed, chop the spinach and store it earlier; use dressed shrimp. Overall, the recipe will take 20 minutes and you can make some rice or boil some pasta.
Haven't you read the entire blog post? You can for sure. In fact, you can use scallops too.
Well! It is a creamy spinach sauce we are talking about! Spinach is mandatory. However, if you need a recipe without Spinach, go for the butter garlic prawn recipe of mine.
Substitute Butter with olive oil; substitute fresh heavy cream with less-cal milk and you are good to go!
Substitute butter with Olive oil and substitute cream with coconut milk and you are good to go!
Ummm you need a few spices; if not available use an instant Italian herb mix. I use fresh parsley and thyme and dried alternatively based on availability.
Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 5 People 1x
Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce is a quick and easy low-carb recipe of shrimp that can be cooked within 20 minutes. This is an extremely flavorful Shrimp curry cooked with Spinach.
- 500g Shrimp
- 250g Spinach (3 cups)
- 1 Onion (or 1 Tbsp. Onion Powder)
- 1 Tsp. Garlic Paste/mince
- 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 2 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1 Tsp. Dried Parsley (or 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley)
- 1 Tsp. Dried Thyme (or 1 Tsp. Fresh Parsley)
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- 2 Tbsp. Salted Butter
- 200ml Fresh Cream
- You can use the Shrimp with the tail on or off. I prefer using them dressed.
- Marinate Shrimp with ½ Tsp. Salt, 1 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder and 2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice.
- Keep the Shrimp marinated for 10 minutes.
- Chop the Spinach roughly.
- Chop Onion as well.
- Now melt the butter in a pan.
- Add Shrimp and fry for a minute.
- Now add Chopped Onion.
- Cook on high flame for 2 minutes.
- The Shrimp as well as the Onion will release a lot of moisture by this time and both will turn pink.
- Now add the remaining Garlic Powder and also the Garlic Paste and cook for 3 minutes after mixing everything.
- Now strain the prawns onto a plate.
- Add chopped Spinach and adjust the spices.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the Spinach soften.
- This will take around 8 minutes.
- Now add the Cream after mixing it with a spoon.
- If needed add ¼ cup water to dilute the mixture.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add the fried Shrimp.
- Now add Parsley as well as thyme and mix.
- Cook on high flame for 2 minutes and switch the flame off.
- Serve it hot with Steamed Rice or Pasta.
- Instead of Shrimp, you can use prawns.
- You can use Baby Spinach instead of normal Spinach.
- Fresh cream can be replaced with coconut milk as a non-dairy option.
- If using unsalted butter, adjust the salt accordingly.
- Prep Time: 10min
- Cook Time: 15min
- Category: Shrimp, Side
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 125g
- Calories: 205
- Sugar: 2.4g
- Sodium: 805mg
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g
- Carbohydrates: 7.1g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 26.2g
- Cholesterol: 240mg
Keywords: Shrimp and Spinach in Cream Sauce recipe, Shrimp and spinach in cream sauce recipe, creamy Shrimp and Spinach recipe, Easy Shrimp and Spinach in cream sauce recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Easy 30-minutes Recipes
- Bengali Veg Daal (also known as Picnic Special Vegetable Daal | Shobji Diye Moong Dal | Yellow Split Pea cooked with Veggies)
- Dimer Dalna (also known as Bengali Egg Curry with Potato)
- Butter Garlic Prawn (also known as Garlic Butter Shrimp)
- Murgi Khichuri (also known as Chicken Khichuri)
- Instant Chicken Pulao Recipe (also known as Chicken Pulao in Pressure Cooker)
- Phulkopir Roast (also known as Bengali Roasted Cauliflower!)
- Punjabi Kadhi aka Kadhi Pakoda
- Chettinad Egg Curry (also known as Chettinad Muttai Masala)
- Dim Beguner Khagina (also known as Begun Khageena)
- Dimer Halwa (also known as Egg Halwa or Ande Ka Halwa)
- Aloo Posto
- Posto Diye Laushak Bhate (also known as Bengali Bottle Gourd leaves Mash with Poppyseed Paste)
- Bengali Mutton Stew with Veggies in a pressure cooker (also known as Shobji diye Mangshor Jhol)
- Phulkopi Aloo diye Chingri Kaliya (also known as Bengali Prawn Curry with Potato and Cauliflower)
- Kesar Peda(Also known as Indian Safron Peda)
I would love to see a picture if you are making the prawns following my recipe. You can share here at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Leave a Reply