Pulao is Pasta's favorite and I prefer to cook it for her because it is a wholesome meal. For instance, Instant Chicken Pulao is something I cook quite often for various reasons. Firstly, the recipe for Chicken Pulao in a Pressure Cooker needs very basic ingredients. Secondly, the cooking process is very simple as it is a one-pot recipe. However, I add a few veggies while cooking this pulao because makes it healthy. She does not like veggies much however, chicken is her favorite. This easy chicken pilaf is something I cook whenever she demands chicken Biryani. Not as rich as biryani yet this pilaf is amazingly flavorful.
- One-pot Chicken Pilaf
- Pressure Cooker Recipes!
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pulao!
- Instant Chicken Pulao, a perfect one-pot meal!
- Here is how I Instant Chicken Pulao in a Pressure Cooker at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Recipe Card
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Pulao Recipe Video
- Pressure Cooker Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Rice Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Have you tried the One-pot Chicken Pulao recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Instant Murg Pulao Pin for your Pinterest Board!
One-pot Chicken Pilaf
I mostly cook the Instant Chicken Pulao after returning from the office. It is all about assembling the ingredients. I use a pressure cooker and hence, the process is not fussy. The Pulao is not as spicy and rich as Chicken Biryani yet it is tasty and easy to cook.
Pressure Cooker Recipes!
A pressure Cooker is my favorite utensil in the kitchen. It works for most simple dishes and mostly for a one-pot meal. You can find several pressure cooker recipes on my blog.
Pressure Cooker Chicken Pulao!
Let me tell you, this is not an elaborate chicken pulao recipe. Here, I am not sharing the recipe for simple instant pulao. I follow this recipe whenever I have a few chunks of chicken available at home and I am not in the mood to cook an elaborate meal.
Instant Chicken Pulao, a perfect one-pot meal!
I used to cook this and many one-pot meals back then after returning from the office when I was in Bihar. Above all, it takes less time to cook. Moreover, it requires a marination time of 15 minutes. Mehebub chops the veggies needed and then I cook the Pulao around 30 minutes before dinner. This chicken pulao is not much spicy yet flavorful. I use veggies in it!
Here is how I Instant Chicken Pulao in a Pressure Cooker at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
Instant Chicken Pulao in a pressure cooker is a simple one-pot pulao recipe that you can cook just within 30 minutes
- 750g Chicken (with Bone and curry-cut)
- 300g Basmati Rice
- 2 Onion
- 1 Carrot (optional)
- 2 Bean (optional)
- 2 Spring onion (optional)
- 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 200ml hung curd/ plain yogurt
- ½ cup Fried Onion aka Beresta
To marinate chicken:
- 1 Tbsp. Ginger Paste
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- 1 Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- 1 Tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tsp. Cumin Powder
- 1 Tsp.Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- ½ Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ½ Tsp. Red Chilli Powder
- 1 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Tbsp. Ghee
- 2 Dry Red Chillies
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2" Cinnamon Stick
- 5-6 Green Cardamom
Instant Chicken Pulao Recipe
- Cut Onion into thin slices and carrot, beans, and also spring onion into small pieces.
- Wash and pat dry chicken.
- Marinate chicken with all the spices mentioned under the heading of "marination" for 15 minutes.
- Wash rice under running water 2-3 times and soak in water for 10 minutes before cooking.
- Heat 4 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil in the Pressure Cooker.
- Add 1 Tbsp. Ghee and heat it properly.
- Temper with Dry Red Chilli, Bay Leaf, Cinnamon Stick, and also Green Cardamom.
- Now add chopped Onion and cook till the onion turns brown.
- Add 1 Tsp. Ginger Paste and also 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add chopped Carrot, chopped Beans, and chopped spring onion as well.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Once fried, add 200ml hung curd/ plain yogurt and mix properly and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cook till the oil floats on the top.
- Now add 1 Tsp. Salt, ½ Tsp. Turmeric Powder, ½ Tsp. Red Chilli Powder and 1 Tbsp. Sugar as well.
- Mix with a spatula.
- Now add marinated chicken and also the marinade.
- Mix again with the spices and veggies.
- cook on low flame for around 8 minutes.
- Add 1 Tsp. Garam Masala Powder and cook for a while.
- By this time you will see lots of oil floating on the top.
- Now add soaked rice and mix the rice properly.
- Add hot water to cover the rice.
- You must check there is enough water (above 1" of the mixture).
- Adjust salt at this point if needed.
- Check the water for the flavors. The water should have the exact flavor you wish to have in the Chicken Pulao. If the water tastes flat or over-salty then the Pulao will have the same.
- Cover the cooker with the lid and put the weight on.
- Cook on high flame until the pressure builds.
- Once you hear the sound, reduce the flame to medium.
- You will have to cook till the cooker releases pressure two times; 2 whistles,
- Switch the flame off after 2 whistles and wait till the pressure drops completely to open the lid.
- Top the Chicken Pulao with Fried Onion aka Beresta and serve it hot.
- You will see very nice Chicken Pulao with perfectly cooked rice by following this recipe.
Instant Chicken Pulao in a pressure cooker video recipe
- Veggies are optional; however, those make the pulao healthy and flavorful.
- I use rice and chicken in a proportion of 1:2 (almost).
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Category: Rice
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- Serving Size: 200g
- Calories: 593
- Sugar: 6.1g
- Sodium: 939mg
- Fat: 28.4g
- Saturated Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 77.1g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
Keywords: Chicken Pulao recipe, instant chicken pulao recipe, one-pot chicken pulao recipe, poressure cooker chicken pulao recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Pressure Cooker Chicken Pulao Recipe Video
Pressure Cooker Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Bengali Mutton Stew with Veggies in a pressure cooker (also known as Shobji diye Mangshor Jhol)
- Pui Saag diye Masoor Dal (also known as Red Lentil Soup with Malabar Spinach) from the MIL’s Kitchen!
- Bhapa Doi (also known as Bengali Steamed Yogurt)
- Chingri Bati Chorchori (also known as Chingri Macher Batichorchori)
- Dulce De Leche in a Pressure Cooker (also known as instant dulce de leche)
Rice Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar
- Bhat Bhaja (also known as Bengali Bhaja Bhat)
- Pishpash (also known as Anglo-Indian Rice and Chicken Hotchpotch)
- Khejur Gurer Payesh (also known as Bengali Rice Kheer with Date Palm Jaggery)
- Dhakai Morog Pulao (also known as Sahi Morog Pulao)
- Birista Pulao (also known as Piyaz Beresta Pulao)
- Kolkata Mutton Biryani (also known as Calcutta Biryani)
- Bou Khuda (also known as Bou Khudi)
- Bengali Basanti Pulao (also known as Bengali Holud Pulao or Bhoger Misti Pulao)
- Niramish Bhuni Khichuri (also know as Bengali Bhuni Khichuri)
- Ilish Pulao (also known as Bengali Hilsa Pulao)
- Crab Biryani (also known as Crab Dum Biryani or Nandu Biryani)
- Muri Ghonto (also known as Bengali muro ghonto)
- Ghee Bhat (also known as Bengali Sweet Pulao)
- Peas Pulao (also known as Matar Pulao)
- Chaler Payesh (also known as Bengali Rice Kheer)
- Bengali Soru Chakli Pithe (also known as Soru Chakuli Pitha)
- Dudh Puli (Also known as dudh pitha)
Have you tried the One-pot Chicken Pulao recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe which you can share here at email@example.com. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.