Peas Pulao is one of my favorite rice dishes. It’s a wholesome, nutritious yet tasty Indian Pulao loaded with fresh Green Peas. In India various types of Pulao are made and Peas Pulao is one of the popular among the Indian Pulao recipes.
Peas Pulao can be prepared in various ways and few people prefer to make a white Pulao while others opt for a Yellowish colour…It can be prepared in Dum or in a pressure cooker or sometimes just by frying cooked rice and spices in a wok.. This time I am sharing the recipe of making Peas Pulao with Half cooked rice in a Wok.. This is the typical process followed in Restaurants while making Peas Pulao.. Will surely try to share other variants in future… 🙂
Author: Debjani Chatterjee
Serves: 2 People
- Fresh Peas: 1 cup
- Basmati Rice: 2 cup
- Onion: 1 (medium) chopped
- Ginger Garlic paste: ½ tsp
- Jeera/ Cumin Seed: 1 tsp
- Cloves: 2-3
- Cinnamon: 2"
- Cardamom: 2
- Bay leaf: 2
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Ghee: 2 tsp
- Mixture of cashew, badam and resin (optional) : 2 tsp
- Water: 3.5 cup (or as required)
- Wash Rice properly under running water and then soak for 15 minutes.
- Boil Water in high flame and add Rice and Salt and half cook and drain water from it.
- Take a nonstick pan with ghee and heat it.
- Add chopped onion till it turns golden brown.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and stir.
- Add cloves, cardamoms, and cinnamon, cumin seeds and mixture of cashew, badam and resin.
- Fry the mixture till it gets cooked well.
- Add Salt and turmeric Powder to the mixture.
- Add shelled peas onto it and simmer with a lid covered. Allow the fresh peas to get sautéed well.
- Cook on medium flame till the peas get cooked.
- Now add cooked rice and sauté the same properly
- Cook for at least 10 minutes in low flame then switch off the gas stove.
- Peas Pulao is ready to serve.
Peas Pulao can be complemented with both Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian dishes. Below are some of the Veg and Non Veg recipe option from Debjanir Rannaghar to try with this Amazing Peas Pulao ( Click on the highlighted link for recipe).
Non Veg Dishes: Kosha Mangsho, Egg Curry, Kancha Lanka Murgi, Makhmali Chicken, Goalondo Steamer Curry