Husband Man loves his portion of Egg; or it is better to say he loves Egg in any possible form which includes Egg Curry as well! This is one of the dishes that I prepare almost once in a week though the type and texture varies. Egg Curry is a very popular Indian dish and there are different variations of this dish are available in different states. The recipe I am sharing this time is the North Indian version of Egg Curry which is also known as Aanda Curry. In North India Egg Curry is prepared with a mixture of spices that includes Cumin Powder, Garam Masala etc and good amount of Onion-Ginger-Garlic. However, Potato is not part of this Egg Curry alike the Bong version of the same.Print
- Egg : 5
- Onion : 2(Paste)
- Tomato : 2(puréed)
- Garlic Paste: 2 Tsp.
- Ginger Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Seed: 1Tsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Cumin Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: 1Tsp.
- Aamchur Powder/ Dry Mango Powder: 1Tsp.
- Kasuri Methi/ Dried Fenugreek Leaves: 1Tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Vegetable Refined Oil: 2 tbsp
- Ghee: 1 Tsp. (Optional)
- Boil Eggs for around 10 minutes with little salt in plain water; we need hard boiled Eggs for preparing Egg Curry.Untitled
- Remove Egg shell carefully.
- Take Oil in a Wok and temper the oil with Dried Fenugreek Leaves and Cumin Seeds and fry for a few second.
- Add onion paste and fry till onion turn golden brown in colour.
- Add tomato puree and ginger and garlic paste and fry for 5 minutes.
- Now add Cumin Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Kashmiri Chilli powder, Dry Mango Powder, Sugar and Salt and cook for around 8-10 minutes in low flame or till oil comes from the mixture.
- Now add boiled eggs.
- Add 4 cup of water to the mixture and cook in low flame for 15 minutes or till the gravy reduced to desired quantity.
- Add Garam Masala Powder and Ghee (optional).
- Turn off the flame and serve Egg Curry with Roti/Paratha or Rice.
- Category: Egg, Side
- Cuisine: Indian, North Indian