Mehebub loves Posto (Poppy Seed) based dishes a lot and he can have it any form; be it sweet or savory. Why not, after all, he is from Birbhum! Well, I people from Birbhum district prefer posto as compared to people from other districts. His love for Posto is unconditional. Needless to say, he loves his portion of Posto Badam Halwa. I was not even aware before marriage about the Posto Badam Halwa prepared with Posto and I heard about it for the first time from him and then I learned from my MIL how to make this tasty Posto Badam Halwa.
This particular dish, Posto Badam Halwa is a family favorite in my in law's place. It is something my mother in law prepares in every single occasion. This Posto Badam Halwa is very nutritious and often given to new mothers after delivery. This is one of My MIL's signature Recipe and Hubby's favorite as well. This is one of the dishes that I prepare on Eid.
This particular dish, Posto Badam Halwa is a family favorite in my in law’s place. It is something my mother in law prepares in every single occasion. This Posto Badam Halwa is very nutritious and often given to new mothers after delivery. This is one of My MIL’s signature Recipe and Hubby’s favorite as well. This is one of the dishes that I prepare on Eid.Print
Indian dessert Posto badam Halwa prepared with Poppyseed and Almond
- Poppyseed/ Posto/Khuskhus: 150g
- Almond/ Kath Badam/Badam: 100g
- Ghee/ Clarified Butter: 75 g
- Sugar: 100g
- Condensed Milk: ½ cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Soak posto and almonds separately in hot water for five hours or overnight.
- Drain water from posto and grind to a semi-thick paste. If required, add 1 tablespoon milk.
- Make a paste of almonds as well.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan and add paste of posto to it. Saute on low flame for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add almond paste and saute for five more minutes.
- Now add sugar to the mixture and saute until sugar dissolves completely.
- Add condensed milk and normal milk.
- Cook until halwa turns to semi-solid consistency and stops sticking to the pan.
- Remove from flame and garnish Posto Badam Halwa with whole almonds. Serve hot.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Bengali