A few words before going ahead with the recipe of Chingri diye Pui Metuli Chorchori!
The recipe for the mishmash of Shrimps cooked with Malabar spinach seeds and other veggies!
A few things to know about Malabar Spinach and its usefulness!
Here’s how I make Chingri diye Pui Metulir Chorchori at Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Serves: 4 People
- Serving size: 75g
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Sodium: 776mg
- Fiber: 8.5g
- Protein: 16.6g
- Cholesterol: 105mg
- Shrimps (medium size; cleaned; de-veined): 200g
- Pui Metuli/ Malabar Spinach Seeds: 200g
- Potato: 2
- Eggplant: 1
- Carrot: 1
- Cauliflower florets: 5-6
- Onion: 1
- Ginger Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Garlic Paste: 1 Tsp.
- Panch Phoron: ½ Tsp.
- Dry Red Chili: 2
- Panch Phoron Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Mustard Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Marinate shrimps with ¼ tsp. each of salt and turmeric powder.
- Peel the skin of the potatoes, onion and also carrot.
- Cut these and also the eggplant into small cubes.
- Heat oil in a pan and shallow-fry the shrimps and strain from the pan.
- Now temper the remaining oil with dry red chili and panch phoron.
- Add Potatoes followed by the Pui Metuli and fry those for around 5 minutes on low flame.
- Once the potatoes are semi-soft add rest of the veggies followed by Turmeric powder, Red Chilli powder, salt and also sugar and mix everything.
- Cover the pan and cook on low flame for 10 minutes or until the veggies are in shape but well-cooked.
- Add Panch phoron powder and give it a mix.
- Serve the Chorchori hot with steamed rice and dal.
You can use any veggie you like. I love to add radish as well if available.
Bengali Chorchori/ Shukto/ Ghonto recipes with or without animal protein from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Lau Shaker Chorchori (also known as Bengali Vegetarian Mishmash with Bottle Gourd Greens)
- Palong Shaker Ghonto (also known as Bengali mishmash with spinach)
- Macher Teler Chorchori (also known as Fish Fat, liver & Intestine Mishmash with Potatoes and Eggplant)
- Bhangachora Shukto (also known as Bhangachora Torkari)
- Chingri Bati Chorchori (also known as Chingri Macher Batichorchori)
- Katoya Data Chorchori (also known as Bengali Style Mix-veg with Drumsticks)
- Pui Chingri Ghonto (also known as Malabar Spinach Mishmash with Prawns)
- Sada Aloo Chorchori (also known as Bengali Batichorchori)
- Bengali Mete Chorchori (also known as Mutton Liver side with Potato chunks)
Have you tried the Pui Metuli Chingri chorchori recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here’s the Chingri Pui Metulir Chorchori Recipe Pin for your Pinterest Board!