I never thought of baking bread at home until a few months back. I always have been a lazy baker when it comes to things like bread. Though I use my oven(s) quite often to make regular baked chicken or fish and casseroles but not bread. It happened in the month of April during the lockdown. One fine morning I opened the fridge and took out the container of yeast. It had around 2 tablespoon Yeast and that was all! I then opened my store and was not able to locate any of the bread tins. I have 4 by the way. By then I already decided for Homemade White Bread with the little yeast I had at home. I picked my heavy-duty round cake tin and started gathering the other ingredients.
Easy homemade white bread during the lockdown!
Yes, the recipe that I have used is an easy one. Though I never baked bread before however, I knew what I need to know to make homemade white bread. A few easily available ingredients, 2 tablespoon of Yeast and two cake tins were all I picked to make my first bread.
First-time baking a Bread at home? How did it go?
It went well. The Whitebreads I baked were perfect. The abode was full of the smell of freshly baked bread. After that, I baked bread almost every week. By then I found my bread tins, I purchased yeast again I made different types of bread with and without yeast and even without an oven. Will share that recipe as well. For now, I must share the recipe of homemade white bread and I must share why it went well. Why the attempt of baking the bread was successful.
Before you start baking the bread using yeast!
You must check the yeast. At all, the yeast that you have will raise the flour or not. Believe me, directly mixing the yeast with flour is not the option. I know it is quite common to do that. There are hundreds of recipes where the yeast is added directly. I, however, not a person who believes in chances. Cooking and baking are nothing but science. I mixed the yeast with water and I waited for it to rise. The yeast rose to my satisfaction and then I started the rest of the process.
How do we like our Bread?
We like the bread just the way I have clicked. the entire family loves sausages, butter, homemade jam, sunny side (almost) up, and also bacon (not in the pictures). Not that we eat all these every day. Breakfast in Mehebub responsibility and at times, he serves only bread and fruits with little butter. The Bengali soul of mine loves bread with Kosha Mangsho or Ghugni and also with Aloor Dum. Have I mentioned Dim Pauruti?
Here's how I bake Homemade White Bread at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
A never-fail recipe of homemade white bread or Yeast bread using easily available ingredients.
- 6 cup All-purpose flour (extra flour for dusting)
- 2 tablespoon. Active Dry Yeast
- 1.5 tablespoon. Sugar
- 1.5 teaspoon. Salt
- 2 cup Warm Water
- 3 tablespoon. Vegetable Oil
- Check the water before activating the yeast. The water must not be super hot but warm. You must be able to put your finger in the water.
- Take the yeast ina bowl along with 1 tablespoon Sugar and pour in the water and lightly mix with a spoon.
- It will take 5-7 7 minutes time to proof the yeast. The mixture will turn bubbly. If not, you better not use the yeast.
- In the meantime, Shift the all-purpose flour with salt.
- Add the flour to the bowl having the proofed yeast.
- Add remaining sugar to it.
- Mix using your fingers.
- The dough will be sticky once mixed properly.
- Dust a clean surface with some all-purpose flour and take the dough and start kneading.
- This part is a bit messy. It will take at least 5 minutes to knead and to give the dough shape.
- Now take a clean bowl and spray some cooking oil.
- Place the dough and coat the outer surface with the oil. You may refer to the pictures.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and wait for one hour.
- The dough will rise in one hour to double. Please refer to the picture.
- Punch the dough and knead it again for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into portions depending on the size of your tins.
- Take the tins and oil the inner side of the tin.
- Now give the dough desired shape. I have used round tin and hence I have given a round shape.
- Place the dough within the tin and again cover with dump cloth and wait for 30 minutes before starting to bake the bread.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the over for 10 minutes in 180 degrees C.
- Brush the top of the dough with water 2-3 times.
- Place the tin (s) in the middle rack and bake for 35-40 minutes in 180 degrees C.
- you may brush the tip with water 1-2 times in between.
- Take the bread out of the oven once properly baked.
- Let it cool on the wire rack.
- Un-mould the bread.
- Take a clean and damp kitchen towel and cover the loaf for 1 hour.
- This step is very important. The moisture helps in getting soft bread.
- Once done You can serve it after toasting or as it is or you can store the homemade white bread for later use.
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Category: Bread
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 309
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 351mg
- Fat: 3.5g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 59.7g
- Fiber: 2.4g
- Protein: 8.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: Easy yeast bread recipe, debjanir rannaghar
lockdown Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Gota Roshun diye Mangshor Jhol (also known as Bengali Mutton Curry with Garlic Pod)
- Chingri Mathar Kalia (also known as Bengali Prawn head Curry)
- Chettinad Egg Curry (also known as Chettinad Muttai Masala)
- Potol Bata (also known as Potol Bhate)
- Doodh Sooji (also known as Mohanbhog aka Suji)
- Banana Peanut butter Ice cream (also known as homemade banana icecream)
- Halwai Style Balushahi (also known as homemade Badushaho)
- Shobji diye Shutki Macher Jhol (also known as Bengali dry fish curry)
- Chicken Salad (also known as chicken cold salad)
- Dalgona Coffee (also known as Whipped Coffee or Netizen’s favorite Phenti Hui Coffee)
- Paneer er Dalna (also known as Niramish Paneer Er Torkari)
- Neem Begun (also known as Stir-fried Neem leaves and Eggplant)
- Kolar Bora (also known as Bengali Banana Fritters)
- Kolkata Mutton Biryani (also known as Calcutta Biryani)
Have you tried the easy homemade white bread recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here's the easy bread with yeast Pin for your Pinterest Board!