Pasta wanted to have some comforting Chicken Salad last night for dinner along with a smoothie. I quite liked her suggestion and ended on making some salad for dinner. This was when I realized I made the video of chicken salad a year back yet not posted the recipe on my blog. I completely forgot. However, I have both the pictures as well as the video available and this for sure is the perfect time to share the recipe.
Not the classic Chicken Salad!
We like filling and fresh salad for dinner and I make different types of salad. With salad, I mostly make a dessert. For the salad, I use both veggies and also animal protein depending on our preference. I always give emphasis on the dressing. It is the dressing that makes a salad flavorful. Whenever I make a salad but no other course I mostly add mayonnaise to it to make it rich. The chicken salad I make is not the classic one though as I add ingredients beyond the classic salad.
This salad is best served cold. Along with boiled chicken and mayonnaise, I use onion, bell pepper, green olives, green peas, carrot and also lettuce. If available I add some apple as well. Today I have added an apple to it though the pictures used in this post or the video is not showing apple as I have not used when I clicked the pictures.
Boiled chicken for my salad!
I mostly boil the chicken in bulk. Coffee, our dog eats boiled chicken every day so I need it in bulk. Apart from that, I use boiled chicken to make several dishes including salad. It makes my life easy. I do not purchase boneless chicken separately. Instead, I boil chicken with bone and I separate a few solid chunks and boil that with salt for 2 minutes for our use. Coffee eats both bone and solid portions while I use a few solid portions to make salad or sandwiches or soup. You can use rotisserie chicken, or grilled chicken and even chicken chunks from curry to make your best salad!
Using the salad to make sandwiches!
I make the salad in bulk and mostly the next day eating the salad I use the leftover to make sandwiches. This routine is prevalent in my place for long and we are following this now when we are under the lockdown and are managing with the limited resources. I must mention here this is a keto-friendly salad recipe.
Here's how I make Chicken Salad at Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
My everyday chicken salad recipe calls for whatever salad-friendly veggies I have at home along with a rich dressing. We love it fresh and refreshing along with bread.
- Boneless Chicken: 200g
- Carrot: 1
- Salad Leaf: 1 bunch
- Green Peas: 5 pods
- Onion: 1
- Lemon Juice: 1 tablespoon
- Plain Curd: 100g
- Mayonnaise: 3 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Boil two glass of water with ½ teaspoon Salt.
- Add Boneless Chicken and boil the chicken.
- Once cold, cut the chicken or chop it using a salad chopper.
- Take the chicken in a bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice and mix with a spoon.
- Peel the skin of the carrot and onion.
- Chop those using a salad chopper or you can manually cut those using a knife.
- Add the veggies to the chicken mixture followed by the green peas and lightly mix.
- In a bowl mix Mayonnaise and also plain curd to make a lump-free dressing.
- Mix it with the salad.
- Add seasoning if needed.
- Take a salad plate and layer it with the salad leaf.
- Pour the salad over the leaf and refrigerate the salad before serving.
- Drizzle some lemon juice while serving the salad.
I add whatever salad-friendly vegetables or fruits available at home including nuts.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Continental
Chicken Salad Recipe Video from my channel!
Salad Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Batabi Lebu Makha (also known as Jambura Bhorta or Pomelo Salad)
- Cucumber Raita (also known as Kheera Raita or Indian Yogurt and Cucumber Salad)
- Watermelon, Black Olive and Feta Cheese Salad
- Pineapple Raita (Also known as Ananansh aka anarash raita)
Have you tried the shredded chicken salad recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on email@example.com. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here's the homemade cold chicken salad Pin for your Pinterest Board!