Bringing you these easy-to-make Chicken Keema Pakoda. First thing first. These are not your regular Chicken Pakodas. These are different and these are good. Most importantly, you can make a batch of this delicious Indian-flavored Chicken Mincemeat Fritter within 30 minutes.
- Quick and easy Chicken Keema Pakoda - a 30 minutes recipe
- Ingredients for Chicken Fritters
- Instructions - easy steps for making perfect chicken mince fritters
- Top tip
- Chicken Keema Pakoda - Frequently Asked Questions
- Recipe Card
- Easy 30 minutes Recipes
- Let's connect over easy Chicken Keema Pakoda Recipe
- Chicken Keema Pakoda Recipe Pin for You
Quick and easy Chicken Keema Pakoda - a 30 minutes recipe
Around 250g of Chicken Keema, some onion, garlic, green chili, and Besan aka Gram Flour along with an egg and basic spices. Oh, I have not started writing the recipe already. It is just the ingredients I had last to last Sunday to make some quick munchies.
Guests do not come invited always. Do they? Well, not that I am complaining! Am I not? I love a few specific people as guests. The thing is it is not about invited or uninvited guests but something else. Mehebub's 1st cousin and her fiance' were invited to our place a few days back. While everything else was planned, I completely forgot about snacks! I remembered while clearing the table hardly forty minutes before their arrival. Not that they would mind. After all, they are family (and soon-to-be family) but I was not comfortable. I mean you cannot really expect me to serve nothing before lunch! Errrrrr!
I decided to make some chicken pakoda within no time! Well well! I didn't check the freezer and then realized neither chicken pieces with bone nor boneless were available. However, I found a packet of Chicken Keema and decided to make Chicken Keema Pakoda. I asked them to wait till I click a few pictures so that I can write the recipe here. That's all!
Aha, that day apart from the chicken pakodas, I cooked Shrimp in Creamy Spinach Sauce another 30 minutes recipe, Oriya Mutton Curry, Bengali Veg Daal, some Shak Bhaja, and Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney. There was Fruit Custard for dessert as well.
Ingredients for Chicken Fritters
For this recipe of Chicken Mincemeat Fritters loaded with Desi flavors, you will need the following ingredients. However, feel free to adjust ingredients, especially spices.
- Chicken Keema
- Besan aka Gram Flour
- Green Chili
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- Garlic Paste
- Kashmiri Chili Powder
- Turmeric Powder
- Roasted Cumin Powder
- Garam Masala Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
See the recipe card for quantities.
Instructions - easy steps for making perfect chicken mince fritters
Mix all the ingredients except egg, besan, and oil
Add egg followed by Besan and make the batter. If needed add water.
Heat Oil and fry Pakodas. See the Recipe card for cuts, time, process, tips, and timings
Serve Chicken Keema Pakoda hot with ketchup or Chutney
- Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish.
- Kid-friendly - Adjust the spices; better make a separate batch for them by limiting chilly.
I prefer to use a non-stick pan to fry the Chicken Keema Pakodas.
We generally do not store Pakodas as they lost their crispiness when cold. However, I often make the batter and keep it for an hour and two before making the pakodas
Do not fry Chicken Keema Pakodas over high heat. Always keep the flame medium. This way the chicken will be well-cooked and there will be no raw aroma of Besan once the frying is done.
Chicken Keema Pakoda - Frequently Asked Questions
Well, texture makes the difference! Though the ingredients are almost the same, they taste different.
Not at all! I don't use Gram Flour while making meatballs!
Chicken Keema Pakoda | Chicken Mincemeat Fritters
You can follow my recipe to make super easy and delicious Chicken Keema Pakoda. Adjust spices based on your preference and make these Chicken Keema Pakodas just within 30 minutes to enjoy with a cup of Tea or Coffee!
- Prep Time: 15min
- Cook Time: 15min
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 5 1x
- Category: Snack, Chicken
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Indian
- 250g Chicken Keema
- 75g Besan aka Gram Flour (½ Cup)
- 1 Egg
- 4 Green Chili
- ¼ cup Coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic Paste
- ½ Tsp. Kashmiri Chili Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Turmeric Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Roasted Cumin Powder
- ¼ Tsp. Garam Masala Powder
- 1 Tsp. Salt
- ¼ Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 cup Water
- Vegetable Oil for deep frying (as needed)
- All the ingredients must be at room temperature.
- Chop the Onion as well as the Green Chilis.
- If using Coriander leaves, chop those as well.
- Take Chicken Keema in a bowl.
- Now add chopped onion, green chilies, and also coriander leaves.
- Add Red Chili Powder, Roasted Cumin Powder, Garam Masala Powder, and also Turmeric Powder.
- Now add the extract of the Garlic paste.
- Now add the baking soda followed by half of the salt.
- Mix everything.
- Once mixed, add the egg and mix.
- Now add the Besan and keep mixing.
- Ideally, the moisture coming from the chicken and veggies would be enough to make the batter.
- Make a thick flowing batter that is ideal for making pakodas. Do not make the batter runny or extremely tight.
- Check and if needed adjust Salt.
- Once mixed, add 1 Tsp. Oil to this batter and mix.
- Now keep this batter for 15 minutes before frying.
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Once heated, reduce the flame and keep it medium.
- First, pour a small spoonful of batter to check whether the pakoda coming out well or not.
- Once checked, drop around 1.5 Tbsp. for each pakoda in the hot oil.
- I fry around 8-10 in one go.
- Once fried from one side (turned golden Brown in color); flip the fritters and fry the other side as well.
- Turn over a few times while frying the fritters to avoid over-frying or under-frying.
- Once properly fried, strain with a strainer and place them over some kitchen tissue to remove extra oil.
- Serve Chicken Keema Pakoda hot with your choice of condiment. I prefer ketchup and a cup of Coffee.
- Keep all the ingredients at room temperature.
- Adjust spices based on your preference.
- Baking Soda makes Chicken Pakoda crispy; you can skip it though.
- Coriander leaves are optional too. They are for added flavor.
- Keep the heat medium all through while frying.
- Do not overfry or underfry Pakodas.
- Serving Size: 5 Pakodas per person
- Calories: 269
- Sugar: 2.9g
- Sodium: 605mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 12.4g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 15.7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: Chicken Keema Pakoda recipe, Chicken Pakoda Recipe, Chicken Fritters Recipe, Debjanir Rannaghar
Easy 30 minutes Recipes
- Pepe Chingri Ghonto (also known as Bengali Raw Papaya Mishmash with Small Prawns)
- Pishpash (also known as Pish Pash, the Anglo-Indian Rice, and Chicken Hotchpotch)
- Bhat Bhaja (also known as Bengali Bhaja Bhat)
- Bengali Mutton Stew with Veggies in a pressure cooker (also known as Shobji diye Mangshor Jhol)
- Muri Ghonto (also known as Bengali Fish Head and Rice Mishmash Muro Ghonto)
- Punjabi Kadhi (also known as Kadhi Pakoda)
- Dim Beguner Khagina (also known as Begun Khageena)
- Shorshe Bata diye Parshe Macher Jhal (also known as Mullet Fish in Mustard Gravy)
- Pui Chingri Ghonto (also known as Malabar Spinach Mishmash with Prawns, Potato and Pumpkin)
Let's connect over easy Chicken Keema Pakoda Recipe
I would love to see a picture if you are making the prawns following my recipe. You can share here at email@example.com. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.