Though I have followed Maa’s recipe, however, there is a little twist I have given to this Chutney. I have added a spoonful of homemade Achari Masala in my Chutney to make it more aromatic. This step, however, is optional.
Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney
Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney is a signature Bengali Chutney prepared with Tomato, Mango preserve and date
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 10 People 1x
- Category: Pickle
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Tomato: 750 g
- Date: 100 g (de-seeded)
- Aamsotto: 250g
- Raisin: 50 g
- Cashew Nut: 50 g
- Ginger paste: 1 Tsp.
- Sugar: 200g (or Jaggery)
- Achari Masala: 1 Tsp.
- Bhaja Masala: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1 Tsp.
- Chili Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Salt: 2 Tsp.
- Mustard Oil: 2 Tbsp.
- Dry Red Chili: 2-3
- Make puree of tomatoes or chop each of them into 6-8 pieces ( I prefer to use half puree and half chopped Tomatoes in my Chutney)
- Chop Dates into thin slices after removing seeds.
- Cut “Aamsotto” into small squares (1” cube).
- Hit Oil in a big pan and temper the oil with dried Red chilies and Achari Masala.
- Add Ginger paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add pureed /chopped tomatoes along with turmeric powder and salt and cook in low flame till tomatoes soften and release lots of water.
- Add chopped Dates, chopped Aamsotto, Raisin and Cashew nut and cook for at least 10 minutes or till later ingredients soften.
- Now add sugar and cook over low flame until sugar dissolves completely.
- Take the Chatni out of flame and sprinkle Bhaja Masala over Chutney.
- “Tomato, Khejur and Aamsotto er Chutney” is ready to serve.
Achari Masala is completely optional, however, gives extra flavor to the Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney.
- Serving Size: 100g
- Calories: 302
- Sodium: 242mg
- Fat: 3.8g
- Saturated Fat: 0.7g
- Carbohydrates: 68.6g
- Fiber: 5.3g
- Protein: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 0g
#Pictures of Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney updated in 2017