My go-to chicken salad recipe usually includes some type of vegetable that can be used in salads, plus a flavorful dressing. We enjoy it when it's made with a light and crisp flavor, accompanied by some type of bread.
- 200g Boneless Chicken
- 1 Carrot
- 100g Lettuce Leaf (1 bunch)
- 75g Green Peas (1/2 cup)
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 100g Plain Curd/ Yogurt
- 3 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 1.5 Tsp. Salt or to taste
- Boil two glass of water with 1/2 Tsp. Salt.
- Add Boneless Chicken and boil the chicken.
- Once cold, cut the chicken or chop it using a salad chopper.
- Take the chicken in a bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and lemon juice and mix with a spoon.
- Peel the skin of the carrot and onion.
- Chop those using a salad chopper or you can manually cut those using a knife.
- Add the veggies to the chicken mixture followed by the green peas and lightly mix.
- In a bowl mix Mayonnaise and also plain curd to make a lump-free dressing.
- Mix it with the salad.
- Add seasoning if needed.
- Take a salad plate and layer it with the salad leaf.
- Pour the salad over the leaf and refrigerate the salad before serving.
- Drizzle some lemon juice while serving the salad.
I add whatever salad-friendly vegetables or fruits available at home including nuts.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Category: Salad
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 125g
- Calories: 159
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Sodium: 1018mg
- Fat: 5.4g
- Saturated Fat: 0.8g
- Carbohydrates: 13.1g
- Fiber: 2.5g
- Protein: 13.8g
- Cholesterol: 36mg
Keywords: chicken salad recipe, cold chicken salad recipe, chicken salad with yogurt dressing recipe