The family banter over Mulo Diye Dal!
Mulo diye Motor Dal; the winter special!
Here's how I cook Mulo diye Motor Dal aka Bengali Yellow split pea with Radishat Debjanir Rannaghar!Print
Mulo diye Motor Dal aka Yellow split pea cooked with radish is a Bengali thick lentil soup mostly cooked during the winter.
- Motor Dal/ Yellow Split Peas: 150g
- Radish: 3
- Cilantro/ Coriander leaves: 1/4 bunch (optional)
- Green Chili: 4
- Dry Red Chilli: 2
- Nigella Seed: 1 Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 Tsp.
- Sugar: 1 Tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Ghee: 1.5 Tbsp.
- [url href="undefined"][/url]
- Wash the Dal and remove the impurities if any.
- Remove the greens and skin from the Radishes and cut them into small squares.
- Now take the Dal along with the Turmeric powder and three times water in a pressure cooker.
- Put the vent weight on and cook till one whistle comes on low flame.
- Once the pressure drops, open the lid and add the radish chunks, cilantro and green chilies cut into halves and put the lid again with the weight on.
- Cook on low flame till two whistles come out from it and then switch the flame off.
- Now heat the Ghee in a pan and temper the ghee with Nigella Seed and dry Red Chilli.
- Add boiled Dal with the veggies to it.
- Add salt to taste and the sugar and mix with a ladle.
- Bring it to boil and then switch the flame off.
- Serve it hot with steamed rice.
Coriander Leaves are optional however I prefer adding a few.
You may substitute ghee with Oil to cut down the calories.
You may skip the sugar as well.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 50g
- Calories: 143
- Sugar: 4.3g
- Sodium: 206mg
- Fat: 5.2g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1g
- Carbohydrates: 17.9g
- Fiber: 6.9g
- Protein: 6.7g
- Cholesterol: 12mg
Dal Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Tok Dal (Also known as Kancha Aam diye Toker Dal)
- Pyaz Diye Masoor Dal (Also known as Bengali Red Lentil Soup with Onion)
- Narkel diye Cholar Dal (Also known as Bengali Cholar Dal)
- Sukhi Urad Dal (Also known as North Indian dry Urad Daal)
- Bengali Macher Matha diye Bhaja Muger Dal (Also known as Macher Muro Diye Dal)
- Pui Saag diye Masoor Dal (Also known as Red Lentil Soup with Malabar Spinach)
- Bengali Kolai Dal (Also known as Biulir Dal or Bengali Urad Dal)
- Bhaja Moong er Daal a(Also known as Sona Muger Dal)
Have you tried the Mulo diye Matar Dal recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here's the Mulor Dal Recipe Pin for your Pinterest Board!