Who does not love Panna Cotta, the thick, creamy, rich Italian dessert? At least I love it and so does my family, especially my little one. I do make it quite often for the guests as well, given the process is really easy and hassle-free. Now, how about making the normal Panna Cotta a bit differently, maybe a richer and tastier version of it? I did it a few days back by adding some Banoffee spread by SPRIG to the Panna Cotta. Sounds Interesting, isn’t it? The famous Italian dessert Panna Cotta is boosted with the English flavors of Banoffee Pie; that is what my Banoffee Panna Cotta is all about.
Banoffee Panna Cotta with a Twist!
I topped the Panna Cotta with compote prepared with fresh Cherries to give the dessert a feel of sourness to adjust the sweetness. Panna Cotta is my little one's favorite dessert, and I found her cherishing every bit of the Banoffee Panna Cotta. She ended up finishing her portion of Panna Cotta with fresh cherry compote delightfully.
Banoffee Pie is a famous English dessert or better to say Pie prepared with ripe bananas and cream caramel. SPRIG has recently launched a dessert spread that is inspired by the iconic Banoffee pie, and they named it "Banoffee". The Banoffee can be enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream and also on warm buttered toast, topped with a cake, filled with pies or crepes, or drizzled over puddings and custard. However, I decided to make Panna Cotta with the Banoffee and rest is a delightful dessert experience.
A Fusion Panna Cotta!
I enjoy developing recipes along with the process of nurturing traditional food. Whenever I am available with something different, I try to reinvent a special spread. This recipe, of Panna Cotta with banoffee, is well complemented by the Fresh Cherry Compote I served with it. Cherries are presently in season in India, and Panna Cotta goes really well with fresh fruit-based compote. I, though, love using berries to make the compote but Cherries worked perfectly with the recipe of Panna Cotta with banoffee.
Without wasting much time let us now check the recipe and in case you like it you can order the Banoffee here and can make your portion of Panna Cotta with Fresh Cherry Compote. In case, you wanted to try another form of Panna Cotta, the recipe of Vanilla Panna Cotta with Strawberry Compote can be a choice for sure.
Banoffee Panna Cotta with Cherry Compote
The famous Italian dessert Panna Cotta is boosted with the English flavors of Banoffee Pie; that is what my Banoffee Panna Cotta is all about.
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 5 People 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Continental
To make the Banoffee Panna Cotta:
- 200ml Milk (1 Cup)
- 600ml Fresh Cream (3 Cup)
- 2 Tbsp. Powdered Gelatin (or China Grass 3 Tbsp.)
- 5 Tbsp. Sprig's Banoffee
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
To make the Cherry Compote:
- 15-20 Fresh Cherries (de-seeded)
- 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 4-5 Whole Fresh Cherry
Banoffee Panna Cotta:
- Take 3 cups full of heavy cream in a bowl and start heating the same in medium flame. Whisk in between.
- Add Sugar and mix till the sugar dissolves.
- Now add 5 Tbsp. of Sprig's Banoffee to the mixture and mix to dissolve it. A manual whisk is really helpful for mixing.
- Switch the flame off.
- Take Gelatin of China Grass in a Bowl and Pour 1 Cup of lukewarm milk over it and leave the same for 5 minutes and mix thoroughly so that no lumps form.
- Now pour the gelatin mixture over the Cream and Banoffee mix and using a whisk mix thoroughly so that no lumps form.
- Using a strainer strain the mixture into serving bowls and fridge until the Panna Cotta set completely. It may take around 2-3 hours.
Fresh Cherry Compote:
- Take deseeded fresh cherry along with 1 Tsp. Lemon Juice and 1 Tbsp. of water in a pan and start cooking on low flame.
- Add Sugar and cook until the sugar dissolves and the compote thickens to desired consistency.
- It is preferred not to use a spoon while making the Compote to avoid sugar crystallization.
- The compote will turn bright red in color. Switch the flame off.
- Cool down the Fresh Cherry Compote and fridge it for further use.
Garnishing the Banoffee Panna Cotta with Fresh Cherry Compote:
- Once the Banoffee Panna Cotta set completely spoon one tbsp. of Fresh Cherry Compote over it and garnish with a Cherry and serve the Banoffee Panna Cotta with Fresh Cherry Compote chilled.
- I have used 25% fresh cream; in case you are going to use full cream replace 1 cup cream with 1 cup of milk.
- The Sugar and Banoffee are to be adjusted as per taste while making the Panna Cotta. I prefer the sugar on the lighter side.
- Serving Size: 175g
- Calories: 319
- Sugar: 27.4g
- Sodium: 221mg
- Fat: 16.6g
- Saturated Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 37.2g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Protein: 6.2g
- Cholesterol: 18mg
Keywords: banoffee panna cotta recipe, banoffee, panna cotta, debjanir rannaghar
- Potol Mishti (also known as Halwai style Parwal Ki Mithai | Kheer Potol)
- Coconut Pudding with Gondhoraj Lebu Compote
- Anglo-Indian Bread and Butter Pudding
- Fried Oreo Recipe (also known as Deep-fried Oreo)
- Perfect Tiramisu Recipe
- Kamala Bhog aka Kamalabhog
- Gajar Ka Halwa (also known as Gajar Halwa | Carrot Halwa)
- Bhapa Doi (also known as Bengali Steamed Yogurt)
- Baked Soan Papdi and Mishti Doi Cheesecake topped with Mini Gulab Jamun
- Chaler Payesh (also known as Bengali Rice Kheer)
Have you tried the Panna Cotta with Banoffee Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org or on Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Disclaimer: The Recipe for Panna Cotta with banoffee and Cherry Compote has been developed using SPRIG's Banoffee spread and this post is written in collaboration with SPRIG.