Biyebarir Fish Batter Fry became Fish Butter fry and how!
Difference between Fish Butter fry and Fish from fish and chips!
The recipe I follow while making Fish Batter Fry aka Biyebarir Butter Fry!
Here's how I make fish batter fry aka Biyebarir Batter FryPrint
Biyebarir Fish Butter Fry aka Bhetki Batter Fry is a quintessential Bengali Fish Fry and is a marriage feast special in Bengal especially in Kolkata
- Bhetki Fillet: 10 pieces 4"/ 3" (1" thick)
To make the Marinade:
- Onion Paste: 4 tablespoon
- Garlic Paste: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger Paste: 1 tablespoon
- Green Chili Paste: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon Juice: 2 teaspoon
- Garlic Powder: 1 tablespoon
- Black Pepper Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Chilled Water: 1 Cup
To make the Batter:
- Plain Flour: 1 Cup (150g)
- Corn flour: ½ cup (75g)
- Egg: 1
- Butter: 1 tablespoon
- Garlic Powder: ½ teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder: ¼ teaspoon
- Salt: to taste
- Baking Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Fruit Salt: 1 teaspoon (I have used Eno)
To Fry: Vegetable Oil: 300ml (for deep frying)
- About the fillet of Bhetki!
- Batter fry calls for a specific cut of the fish which I already have mentioned.
- Ask your fish vendor for batter fry (or butter fry cut) or told him/her the specification.
- Take Onion paste, ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili paste, lemon juice, black pepper powder, salt, and also garlic powder in a bowl and mix with a spoon.
- Adjust chili paste, pepper powder, and salt-based on your preference.
- Now marinate the fish fillets with this paste.
- Take the marinated fish along with the marination left in a flat tray/ rectangular tray and cover with cling film.
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Making the Batter with butter!
- Keep ice-chilled water handy.
- Take plain flour and cornflour in a bowl.
- Add Garlic Powder, Black Pepper Powder, Salt, Baking Powder, and also Fruit Salt to it and mix with a whisk.
- Now add one egg to the mixture.
- Now add chilled water.
- Start with 1 cup of water and make the batter.
- As needed increase the water.
- The batter should be semi-thick.
- Keep this batter at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter and add it to the batter and mix.
- Keep it for 15 more minutes before making the fries.
- Mix with the whisk once again before using the batter.
The last step of making batter fry!
- Heat the oil in a deep bottom pan till the oil is properly heated.
- Keep the flame medium.
- Now take the marinated fish out of the refrigerator.
- Coat a fish with the batter prepared and drop it in the oil with care.
- Depending on the diameter of the pan you can fry 2-3 fries in one go.
- After 2 minutes of frying turn the fishes to the other side and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Keep the flame low.
- Fry for one more minute depending on the color of the fry.
- The fry should be golden in color and it must look crunchy.
- Strain from the oil and place over tissue paper or kitchen towel to drain excess oil.
- I use a bamboo b basket to keep the fish batter fry to drain extra oil if any.
- Following the same process fry the remaining fish butter fry.
- Serve it hot with Kashundi.
- Category: Fish
- Cuisine: Bengali
- Serving Size: 120g
- Calories: 584
- Sugar: 0.9g
- Sodium: 515mg
- Fat: 47.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.1g
- Carbohydrates: 20.1g
- Fiber: 1.5g
- Protein: 19.3g
- Cholesterol: 48mg
Biyebarir Fish Butter Fry aka Bhetki Batter Fry Video Recipe
Bengali Biyebari Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Joggi Barir Mangsho (Also known as Biyebarir Mutton Curry)
- Kamala Bhog (Also knowns as Kamala Roshogolla)
- Shukto (Also known as Shuktoni)
- Bangladeshi Chicken Roast (also known as Biyebarir Chicken Roast or বাংলাদেশী বিয়েবাড়ির চিকেন রোস্ট)
- Ghee Bhat (also known as Bengali Sweet Pulao)
- Kumror Chakka (also known as Kumror Torkari)
- Kolkata Mutton Biryani (Also known as Calcutta Biryani)
- Plastic Chutney (also known as Raw Papaya Chutney or Bengali Peper Chutney)
- Kosha Mangsho (also known as Bengali Mutton Kasha)
Have you tried the Biyebarir Butter Fry recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
Here's the Bhekti Batter Fry Pin for your Pinterest Board!