The dilemma, however, stayed for a nanosecond, I told myself; let me not think about the things which are irrelevant to me! Let me concentrate on what I am comfortable with and most importantly what I can do with ease! I have not started the blog for popularity.
Once a recipe blogger; always a recipe blogger or better to say a food blogger!
A few more lines before the recipe? what say, readers? Do you mind?
Methi Murgh Malai; few details:
Here's how I cook Methi Murgh Malai at Debjanir Rannaghar:
Methi Murgh Malai is a North Indian Chicken side prepared with Kasuri Methi and Malai aka fresh cream. This is a semi-dry chicken preparation and goes well with Indian PAratha, Roti or Rice.
- 1 kg Chicken (curry cut)
- 200ml Single Cream
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic paste
- ½ Tbsp. Ginger paste
- 1 Tbsp. Kasuri Methi
- 1 Tbsp. Black Pepper Powder
- 3 Onions
- 100g Hung Curd
- 100 ml Single Cream
- 1 Tsp. Kasuri Methi
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- 1.5 Tsp. or to taste Salt
- Wash and also pat dry the chicken chunks.
- Take the chicken pieces in a bowl and marinate with Single Cream, Garlic paste, Ginger paste, Kasuri Methi, and also Black Pepper Powder.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or cling film and refrigerate for 8 hours before cooking.
- Make a paste of the Onions.
- While cooking; heat butter in a pan and temper the butter with Kasuri Methi.
- Add onion paste and cook till it turns translucent in color.
- Now add hung curd followed by green chilies and cook till the curd mixes.
- Slower the heat and cook until the butter comes from the side.
- At this point add marinated chicken chunks and also the remaining marinade left in the bowl to the pan.
- Add Salt to taste also.
- Now mix properly and cover the pan with a lid and cook for around 7-10 minutes.
- Add remaining cream and mix.
- Cook over the slow flame until chicken is properly cooked and there is almost no gravy.
- Once done, switch the flame off and serve Methi Murgh Malai hot with your choice of carbohydrate.
This particular preparation of chicken is semi-dry.
I have used store bought single cream while making the methi murgh malai, however, you can use the cream directly from the milk.
- Prep Time: 8 hours
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Category: Chicken
- Method: cooking
- Cuisine: North Indian
- Serving Size: 150g
- Calories: 418
- Sugar: 3.6g
- Sodium: 183mg
- Fat: 17.2g
- Saturated Fat: 8.9g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6g
- Fiber: 2.2g
- Protein: 52.3g
- Cholesterol: 163mg
Keywords: Methi murgi malai recipe, methi chicken recipe, debjanir rannaghar
A few easy Chicken recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar:
- Bangladeshi Chicken Roast (also known as Biyebarir Chicken Roast)
- Restaurant Style Chicken Malai Kebab (also known as Chicken Reshmi Kebab)
- Goalondo Steamer Curry (also known as Boatman Style Chicken Curry)
- Chicken Chaap (also known as Chaap Bhaja)
- Aam Kasundi Murgi (also known as Bengali Style Chicken in Mango Mustard Sauce)
- Kolhapuri Chicken (also known as Chicken Kolhapuri)
- Dak Bungalow Chicken Curry (also known as Chicken Dak Bungalow)
- Pish-Pash aka Pish Pash, the Indian Rice, and Chicken Hotchpotch
- Doi Murgi (also known as Kolkata style Doi Chicken)
Have you tried the Methi Murgh Malai recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, on Instagram, you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.