Orange Chiffon Cake recipe by Maumita Malla as part of Winter recipe Contest:
A very light cake made with vegetable oil, eggs, sugar, flour, baking powder, orange juice and orange zest, Orange chiffon cake is a winter treat. Winter is perfect for making this cake using fresh seasonal oranges. Here the eggs are separated and beaten before adding into the batter. Orange Chiffon Cake gets the soft texture of vegetable oil and well-beaten egg whites. I decorated the top of the cake with powdered sugar and chocolate sauce but it's totally your wish that you want to decorate the cake or not.Print
Easy Orange Chiffon Cake recipe
- All purpose flour: 1 cup
- Granulated sugar: ¾ cup
- Baking powder: 1 Tsp.
- 1 pinch salt
- Freshly squeezed orange juice: 3 Tbsp.
- Vegetable oil: ¼ cup
- Grated orange zest( outer skin of 2 medium oranges): 2 Tbsp.
- Vanilla extract: 1 Tsp.
- 3 large eggs, whites and yolks separated at room temperature plus 1 egg white
- Cream of tartar or lemon juice: 1 Tsp.
- Chocolate sauce: ¼ cup (optional)
- Powdered sugar: ¼ cup (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 10 minutes
- Grease 9-inch cake pan (I used bundt cake pan) with vegetable oil
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, baking powder, salt and orange zest, and mix lightly.
- Add sugar, egg yolks, vanilla essence, vegetable oil and orange juice, beat until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Take 4 egg whites in a bowl and beat egg whites until foamy,
- Add cream of tartar or lemon juice and mix until soft peak forms.
- Now add this egg whites mixture into the cake batter slowly into two batches.
- With a rubber spatula or wire whisk fold the egg whites with the cake batter until well blended.
- Do not overmix otherwise the cake will be hard.
- Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and fill the pans about ⅔ full.
- Bake for 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Baking times vary from oven to oven, so keep checking after 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven, turn the cake onto a plate, pour chocolate sauce from the top and sprinkle some powdered sugar through the strainer if you want to decorate it, otherwise leave this step, slice the cake and enjoy!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 50 mins
- Category: Cake
- Cuisine: Continental
Disclaimer note from Debjanir Rannaghar: