Gobi Chicken recipe by Oindrila Lahiri as part of the Winter Recipe contest!
Winter for me does not mean only the non-veg, but also those lovely greens. And cauliflower is something that is available in those 3-4 months in winter only. And, I personally believe in preparing something simple, with homely everyday ingredients. At the same time, as my son and husband are big-time meat lovers, so I tend to cook some non-veg dish every day over dinner. This dish, Gobi Chicken is prepared at my home on a regular basis.
Believe me, even my big-time meat-lover son and even husband love it. And, after much hesitation, this is the first time, I am participating in a recipe contest. I hope you like the dish, Gobi Chicken.
- Boneless chicken cut into small dice (preferably taken from thigh): 500 gms
- Cauliflower cut into medium pcs: 1 medium sized full
- Green peas- around 100 gms
- Tomato cut in quarters: 2 number
- Sour card: 50 gms (I make it at home). Please beat it with a spoon and keep.
- Ginger paste: 2 tbsp
- Mustard oil: ¼ teacup
- Ghee : 3 tbsp
- red chilly powder and turmeric powder: ½ tbsp each (mix in appr ½ cup of water and keep aside)
- Cumin, whole red chilly, bay leaf, cinnamon, green cardamom for tampering
- Garam Masala: ½ tbsp.
- Salt, sugar for seasoning
- In a pan, heat the mustard oil and when smoke starts to come out, add the tampering.
- Cook for 30 sec / till the color changes to dark and add the ginger paste.
- Saute till oil floats to the surface.
- Add the tomato pieces and saute till it gets mashed. Add the red chili and turmeric powder, soaked in water- cook for 2 minutes.
- At this point, add the cauliflower pieces and saute for 5 minutes.
- Now add the chicken pieces and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the seasoning. Pour in the water and cover. Sim the burner and let it slow-cook for 15 minut4es.
- Please check if the meat and cauliflower are almost (80% done), and if so, add the beaten curd. Cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the garam masala, put in the ghee and cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
Disclaimer note from Debjanir Rannaghar:
This recipe of gobi Chicken is Written by Oindrila Lahiri. She is one of the winners of the Winter Recipe contest with Debjanir Rannaghar. Debjanir Rannaghar is no way responsible for the original writer submitting the recipe anywhere else or any other dispute may caused by the writer related to this recipe