Carrot Laddu recipe by Supta Sarkar as part of Winter recipe Contest:
The markets are now flooded with winter vegetables. I always look forward to this season to make something special with them. With carrots, I have always tried to make desserts like halwa, kheer, cake, and Carrot laddu. My kids hate to eat carrots, however, if I make sweets, they would happily take it.
This is an easy recipe for Carrot Laddu that I make frequently for my kids at home.
- Carrot: 500 gm
- Sugar: 100 gm
- Milk powder: 100 gm
- Ghee: 2 Tbsp.
- Green cardamom powder: 1 Tsp.
- Cashew nut: 1 Tbsp. (Chopped)
- Raisins: 1 Tbsp.
- Desiccated coconut: 1 cup
- Pistachios: 1 Tbsp. (for garnishing)
- Wash the carrots thoroughly and grate those.
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Add grated carrot.
- Stir on low flame till the color changes.
- Add sugar and cardamom powder and mix well.
- Cook till carrot mixture dries up.
- Add milk powder, raisins, and cashew nuts. Cook till it becomes dry.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool.
- Smear little ghee on palms.
- Take a lemon size of carrot mixture and make Carrot Laddu.
- Likewise, prepare the same with the carrot mixture.
- Now roll the laddus on desiccated coconut and put chopped pistachios and cashew nut on each of them.
- Carrot Laddu is now ready to be served.
Carrot laddus can be stored in an airtight container in a refrigerator for 2 days.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: North Indian
Disclaimer note from Debjanir Rannaghar:
This recipe of Carrot Laddu is Written by Supta Sarkar. She is one of the winners of the Winter Recipe contest with Debjanir Rannaghar. Debjanir Rannaghar is no way responsible for the original writer submitting the recipe anywhere else or any other dispute may caused by the writer related to this recipe