Dhaniya Chicken recipe by Rituparna Chakraborty as part of the Winter Recipe contest!
This recipe of Dhaniya Chicken is a result of my idea of how to prepare chicken which can be special for my hubby’s birthday. Usually, our family loves when meat or chicken is well cooked with less broth and spices leaves oil, what Bengalis says ‘Kosha’. But It takes a long time and it is a really tiresome job and you have to cook the chicken on a Kadhai and use your ‘Khunti’ or spatula over and over to fry the ingredients to bring out the accurate taste.
Then I thought about this recipe. This is an Ideal recipe for a lazy person like me, and It looks new and smells great. This Dhaniya Chicken is also a perfect recipe for winter. We had it with cucumber salad and Curd dressing and paratha. I made it experimentally the first time for my husbands birthday and it was a bang of success and made him very happy.Print
Dhaniya Chicken Recipe
Easy Chicken curry with Coriander paste
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 40 mins
- Yield: 4 People
- Category: Chicken
- Cuisine: Indian
- Chicken: 1 Kg (Medium pieces)
- Sour curd: 4 Tbsp.
- Onion: Big 2 or Medium 3
- Ginger: 2 inches long, without skin
- Garlic: 8 to 10 cloves
- Green Chilies: 2 or 3 (depends upon how hot you can eat)
- Coriander leaves: 1 Bunch (well Cleaned)
- Cumin Powder: 2 Tsp.
- Coriander Powder: 2 Tsp.
- Kashmiri Red Chili Powder: 2 Tsp. (This is mainly for the color, you can add other chili powder if you want)
- Garam Masala Powder: 2 Tsp.
- Mustard oil for cooking: 3:4 Tbsp.
- Butter: 1 Tbsp.
- Sugar (Optional): 2 Tsp.
- Salt: as per taste
- Make a paste of onions, ginger, garlic, coriander leaves and green chilies together in a mixer Grinder. The mouthwatering smell will come from the paste.
- Take a big bowl and mix Sour card, the paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, ‘Mirchi’ powder and garam masala powder. Add some salt and mix it well.
- Then marinate the chicken in this batter. Add one tablespoon of mustard oil in this marinate and mix everything well.
- Keep the marinated chicken at least 2 hours. It tasted even better if it is rested 4-5 hours. You can keep it in the refrigerator.
- Take a kadhai or a nonstick pan, pour in some mustard oil.
- Add a little water to the bowl where you marinated the chicken and carefully mix the residual marination with the water and add the water to the chicken.
- Use your spatula one or two times to mix it well. Add a lid to the kadhai or pan, and then set the oven to a medium-low flame and forget all about the cooking
- You can come to watch the cooking if you feel so.
- After 15-20 minutes the chicken will be well cooked. You can see it then, and use your spatula if you want to cook it a bit on low fire.
- Taste it and add a little more salt if needed.
- If you want to add some sugar now is the time.
- Before taking it off the oven, add one tablespoon of butter in it and mix it.
- It will bring a nice shining to the recipe. Now the Dhaniya Chicken is ready to serve.
Serve it hot with Nan, Paratha or pooris. It tastes good With the roti also.
Disclaimer note from Debjanir Rannaghar:
This recipe of Dhaniya Chicken is Written by Rituparna Chakrabarty. She is one of the winners of the Winter Recipe contest with Debjanir Rannaghar. Debjanir Rannaghar is no way responsible for the original writer submitting the recipe anywhere else or any other dispute may caused by the writer related to this recipe.
Leave a Reply