Christmas is at the doorstep and we all are planning to make Cake at our place. It’s nothing but heaven to enjoy traditional homemade Christmas cake with the family. It is amazing to gift a Christmas cake too! I make more than 20-25 cakes for Christmas every year and by Christmas cake I mean the typical, traditional one. I follow several recipes to make the cake; With Rum, without Rum, with Orange Juice, with or Without Egg, and there are many more customization I opt as per requirements. There is one thing that I often add to Christmas cake to give it an amazing golden Brown Colour which is nothing but homemade Caramel Syrup.
It is really easy to make Caramel syrup at home as you need only Sugar available with you however the process of making it requires patience and complete devotion. If you are attentive while making the syrup, it will take hardly 10 minutes to get a cup full of lovely Caramel Syrup that can be used in making Christmas cake or to add in a Cup of Coffee. I prefer to make Caramel Syrup in small batches and mostly make a Cup full of Syrup at a time.
Do try this recipe of Caramel Syrup and give your Christmas cake an amazing natural colour!Print
- Sugar: 1 Cup (150 g)
- Water: 2/3 Cup + 1 Tbsp.
- Take a good quality thick bottom non-stick pan and place it on heat.
- [url href=”https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/How-to-make-Caramel-Syrup-300×300.jpg”][/url]
- Pour Sugar and 1 Tbsp. of Water on the pan and let the sugar melt in high temperature.
- Don’t use a spatula or spoon to mix Sugar and let the sugar melt by itself top prevent crystallization of Sugar.
- Once the Sugar melted completely, let it cooked in high heat and it will start changing colour after around a minute and will start bubbling as shown in the picture.
- Making Caramel requires constant watch else Sugar will burn and can not be used for making Caramel.
- Boil 2/3 Cup of water and keep that aside. I use microwave oven to heat the water. 1 Minute heating at high temperature is sufficient.
- When the melted Sugar turned into amber colour switch the flame off and pour boiled water over the Caramel very carefully.
- Now cook in medium flame to dissolve the caramel with the water for 3-4 minutes.
- Again try to not to use a spatula to mix instead mix it by twisting the pan.
- Switch the flame off and let the semi thick Caramel Syrup cool completely and store in a sterilized glass jar for future use
- Category: sauce
- Cuisine: World