My simplest Christmas cake with amazing flavor of rum ,raisins , prunes and chunky walnuts ….love it….Hope you'll also enjoy it.
- Refined Flour/ Maida: 250 g
- Powdered Sugar: 150 g
- Nutmeg powder: 1 tsp
- Unsalted Butter: 250 g
- Egg: 2
- Milk: 100 ml
- Baking Powder: 1 tsp
- Almond essence: 2-3 drops
- Raisin: 50 g
- Prune: 50 g
- Walnut: 50 g
- Cocoa powder: 1tbsp
- Instant Coffee Powder: 1 tbsp
- Rum: 300 ml( my favorite one is "Old Monk")
- Soak all the dryfruits and Prunes and o in 250 ml rum at least for one week or more.
- Preheat the oven to 180”c.
- Mix Refined Flour with Baking Powder, Nutmeg powder, powdered sugar, Cocoa Powder and instant coffee powder properly.
- Now melt the butter and mix it properly with the cake mix.
- Now add desired quantity of milk and 50 ml rum to prepare a smooth batter.
- In a separate bowl beat eggs till they turn fluffy and mix it with the batter prepared already.
- Drain Raisin and Prune and cut into small pieces and chop Walnuts and mix them with the batter.
- Add 2-3 drops of Almond essence onto the mixture.
- Now Grease and flour a 18-20 cm baking pan and pour the batter.
- Bake the cake at 180”C for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Note : Refined Flour/Maida and Powdered Sugar can be replaced with “Vanilla Cake Mix” and 50g Powdered Sugar