Bacon Jam over the Toast or with the scrambled Egg or even with the Burger or just as a side; the choices are varied and the level of comfort is as comforting as the Bacon Jam is. Needless to say, this post is about Bacon Jam, a favorite spread of mine. In fact, I make it in small batches as Pasta at times takes her toast with the Jam, however, I try to limit the consumption given I use freshly brewed coffee to make it! It is different fact, that I, myself cannot resist much whenever I am available with the Bacon Jam.
An Easy-peasy recipe of Bacon Jam with no added alcohol.
- Bacon ( I have used smoked Bacon): 500g
- Onion: 2
- Garlic: 10 cloves (small) / 3 Clove (big)
- Ginger: 1" (optional)
- Apple Cider Vinegar: ⅓ Cup
- Brown Sugar: ¼ Cup (packed)
- Maple Syrup: ⅓ Cup (optional)
- Black Pepper Powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Freshly Brewed Coffee: ¾ Cup
- Unsalted Butter: 1 tablespoon
- [url href="https://kitchenofdebjani.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Making-Bacon-Jam.jpg"][/url]
- Chop Onion and garlic roughly cut julienne strips of Ginger.
- Heat an iron wok and start cooking the bacon preferably in 2-3 batches. The Bacon will be cooked in own oil.
- Once crisp, strain the bacon from the Pan and place over tissue paper to soak the fat.
- Discard the fat from the Pan after keeping 2 tablespoon of melted fat in reserve.
- Heat the remaining fat along with butter and start frying the onion on medium flame.
- Once caramelized, add chopped garlic and chopped Ginger and cook for one more minute.
- Now add Maple Syrup, Brown Sugar, Black Pepper Powder, Salt and freshly brewed Coffee.
- In between roughly chop the fried bacon and add.
- Start cooking in slow flame upon covering the pan with a lid till the liquid absorbed completely.
- It took me around 20 minutes to reach the perfect consistency of the Bacon Jam.
- The end result will be thick and rich, blackish red Bacon Jam.
- Use an airtight jar to store the Bacon Jam.
- It can be stored in the refrigerator for around 3-4 weeks.
If Maple syrup is not available, replace it with 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar.
- Category: Jam & Jelly
- Cuisine: Continental
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 312
- Sugar: 15.5 g
- Sodium: 392 mg
- Fat: 23.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 8 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.4 g
- Fiber: 0.5 g
- Protein: 7.6 g
- Cholesterol: 61 mg
Condiment Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar apart from Bacon Jam:
Have you tried the Bacon Jam Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org or in Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or can tag me at @foodofdebjani.