Easy to make ultimate homemade Pizza Sauce with fresh Tomatoes! This is a recipe very close to my heart and I often follow and make big batches of sauce in advance using this.
- Indian Homemade Pizza Sauce
- Homemade Pizza from the scratch with homemade sauce!
- Homemade Pizza Sauce - Frequently asked questions
- Top Tip
- Recipe Card
- Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe Video
- Condiment Recipes
- Have you tried the easy Indian Pizza Sauce recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
- Here's the Perfect Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe Pin for your Pinterest Board!
I have used very basic ingredients in this recipe of homemade pizza sauce. You can make amazing homemade pizza using this pizza sauce within no time. We often make pizza at home using store-bought pizza sauce that contains preservatives. However, it takes hardly 30 minutes to make pizza sauce without preservatives at home. Here I will show you how to make pizza sauce at home using tomatoes, and a few basic ingredients.
Indian Homemade Pizza Sauce
Well, I know it sounds odd. After all, Pizza Sauce is a classic Italian Recipe. Then you know if there is anything we like or love in India, we make our version of that and create Indian this and that. Hence, Indian homemade Pizza sauce. For sure, using fresh tomatoes and the signature ingredients in general used in making perfect pizza sauce with added ingredients. Needless to say, this is not the classic recipe for Pizza sauce but a good one that I follow!
Homemade Pizza from the scratch with homemade sauce!
Believe me, the process of making pizza at home is therapeutic. To make the dough from scratch and then to gather the ingredients and make a pizza. I never have been a fan of the regular pizza available in so-called 2-3 commercially known joints in India. Pasta, though loves both and we order quite frequently and eat. It is after all, not viable to order almost authentic pizza regularly considering the price! I (and also Mehebub) prefer my pizza less laden with toppings, a few work for me. The sauce is balanced and the cheese is to the level of perfection but not overly added. Neopolitan is a personal faorite. Moreover, I love a few basils on the top.
Considering all these, I make pizza at home. Whenever I do that; I make the sauce at home using fresh tomatoes. At times a small batch and sometimes larger. Here I am sharing the recipe for around 1 cup of pizza sauce. You can increase or decrease the ingredients based on how much sauce you need!
Homemade Pizza Sauce - Frequently asked questions
Why not homemade Pizza sauce when I can gather the ingredients easily and can make a preservative-free fresh and flavorful pizza sauce? Moreover, Homemade Pizzas are the best and I love making them from the scratch. A proper dough, homemade pizza base, spread with the homemade sauce, chosen toppings, and cheese works for me; us.
Not the one I have shared below. A few ingredients especially Chili Oil is not part of the classic recipe. However, this recipe works for me.
You can buy pizza sauce if you wish to. I do that whenever I am in hurry however, taste-wise I prefer homemade sauce any day. There is no preservative, and the freshness and flavors are incomparable. Moreover, it takes really little time to make the sauce at home and it works for me just fine.
Ha ha ha! Are you asking this? Really? Or you are just reading this post and thinking what kind of question is this? Well, someone asked it once. The answer is simple. Yes, we can and we do! At least, I do. This homemade sauce just works fine with spaghetti. I top that with meatballs and along with wine and homemade pizza I never heard any complaints so far.
- Mixed Herbs
- Chili Garlic Oil
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Chili Garlic Oil - This is completely optional however a must when I make Pizza sauce at home. Substitute it with either chili oil if you wish to have a spicy sauce or with garlic oil or can skip both.
- Olive Oil - You can use any white oil instead of olive oil.
- Tomatoes - Well they are a must! Is just instead of fresh tomatoes, you can use canned tomatoes.
Spicy - add chili pepper flakes while cooking to imbue heat into the dish, or just increase the chili garlic oil!
Kid-friendly - play wisely with the spices!
You can easily store the Pizza sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for more than 15 days. I do that whenever I make it in bulk.
Do try to use fresh tomatoes and fresh herbs. That will do the trick!
Easy homemade Pizza Sauce recipe using fresh tomatoes and selected spices.
- 3 Tomatoes
- 1 Onion
- 1 Tbsp. Garlic (chopped)
- 1 Tsp. Mixed Herbs
- 3 Tbsp. Chili Garlic Oil
- 2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- ½ Tsp. Salt
- 1 Tsp. Sugar
- ½ Tsp. Black Pepper
- Make a paste of the tomatoes.
- Finely chop Onions.
- Now heat olive oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion to it.
- Fry the onion till it changes color (translucent).
- While frying the onion, keep the flame low and fry for 2 minutes.
- Now add 2 Tbsp. Chili Garlic oil to the pan.
- Mix it properly with the onion.
- It will give an amazing color to the onion and you will be tantalized by the aroma!
- Now add chopped Garlic to the pan.
- Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add ½ Tsp. Salt and mix.
- At this point add grated tomatoes to the pan.
- Mix properly with the spices.
- Cook till the raw aroma of the spices goes away completely.
- You need to cook for around 5 minutes on low flame.
- At this point add ½ Tsp. Black Pepper Powder to the mixture.
- Add ½ Tsp. Mixed Herbs as well and mix.
- By this time the mixture will release lots of moisture.
- You need to keep cooking on a low flame.
- It will take around 7 minutes to reach the desired consistency.
- In between add 1 Tsp. Sugar to the mixture.
- If needed adjust the salt.
- Remember that the sauce should have a balance.
- Once the sauce reaches the consistency, add 1 Tbsp. Chili Garlic oil and mix.
- Cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add ¼ Tsp. of Italian herbs and mix.
- The sauce is ready.
- I prefer the not-so-smooth texture.
- If you prefer, you can transfer the sauce to a blender (once cooled) and blend) it to make it smooth.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 30
- Category: Condiment
- Method: Cooking
- Cuisine: Italian
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 4.6g
- Sodium: 297mg
- Fat: 17.8g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.8g
- Fiber: 1.9g
- Protein: 1.4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: homemade pizza sauce recipe, easy pizza sauce recipe, indian pizza sauce recipe, debjanir rannaghar
Homemade Pizza Sauce Recipe Video
- Kancha Aamer Chutney
- Plastic Chutney (also known as Raw Papaya Chutney or Bengali Peper Chutney)
- Gur diye Topa Kul ar Tomato Chutney
- Kuler Achaar (also known as Boroi-er Aachar | Jujube Sweet pickle | Ber ka achar)
- Ilish Macher Tok (alsoknown as Ilish Macher muror Tawk)
- Kacha Aamer Ambol (also known as Runny Bengali Mango Soup | Amer Tawk)
- Tomato Amsotto Khejur er Chutney
Have you tried the easy Indian Pizza Sauce recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
I would love to see a picture if you are making it following my recipe. You can share here at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar and share it through Instagram as well. and in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.