Paneer Bhurji or Indian Scrambled Cottage Cheese is a popular North Indian vegetarian dish prepared with scrambled cottage cheese and some selected veggies. It takes hardly 10 minutes to prepare Paneer Bhurji. For me, it is almost an instant dish and even the basic preparation time is nominal. Paneer Bhurji can be served with Roti or Paratha.
It’s better to prepare Paneer Bhurji just before serving to not to allow the dish to become a bit soggy. I sometimes use Paneer Bhurji as a staffing for Parathas, Buns etc.Print
- Paneer/ Cottage Cheese: 200 gm
- Butter: 2 tablespoon
- Capsicum: 1
- Onion: 1
- Tomato: 1
- Green Chilies: 2-4
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: One Tbsp.
- Cumin Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Turmeric Powder: ¼ Tsp.
- Garam Masala Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Red Chili Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Salt: to taste
- De-seed Tomato and chop Onion, Capsicum, Green Chilies and Tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat Butter in a deep pan (Butter can be replaced with the similar quantity of Olive oil or vegetable oil).
- Add chopped onions to the oil and sauté on medium flame till onions turn light brown.
- Now add chopped capsicum and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add chopped tomato, ginger-garlic paste, chopped Green Chili, Turmeric Powder, Cumin Powder, Garam Masala Powder and Salt to the mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes in medium flame.
- Now add grated Paneer/ Cottage Cheese to the mixture and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve it with Roti/ Naan/ Paratha.
- Category: Side Dish
- Cuisine: North Indian