Though I love to to bake but this is my first ever Baking attempt for my little one! Simple basic Cookies for my princess…
Pasta is 15 months now and she started eating solids! She loves her evening milk with 1-2 biscuits dipped in it! Last week I have given her a cookie and she started chewing it and I thought to prepare cookies especially for her. Though I bake cookies once in a while but those are mostly low calorie version with almost no butter and little sugar but for Pasta I don’t have any restriction at least now …Ultimately I decided to prepare Classic Peanut Butter Cookies for her …and her reaction after having a small bite was “ yamm yamm momma”… Ahaaa satisfying!!!!Those Peanut Butter Cookies are really tasty and the best part is the ingredients are readily available …Originally from United States, Peanut Butter Cookies are distinguished by the flavor of peanut butter..and really easy to make…
- Plain Flour: 2.5 Cup
- Baking Powder: ½ Tsp.
- Baking Soda: ½ Tsp.
- Unsalted Butter: 100 g.
- Peanut Butter: 1 Cup
- Powdered Sugar: 1 Cup
- Egg: 2
- Vanilla Essence: 3-4 drops.
- Salt: ½ Tsp.
Making of the Dough:
- Take room temperature Butter in a big bowl and add Powdered Sugar to the butter and start beating the Butter-Sugar mix to get a fluffy, creamy mixture.
- Now add the entire Peanut Butter and continue beating. Add one egg to the mixture and again beat and then add another egg and continue beating.
- Then add the Vanilla Essence and again beat!
- The end product has to be a super creamy mixture without any lump. In a bowl mix Flour with Baking powder, Baking Soda and Salt.
- Now start adding flour mixture to the butter mixture prepared. Don’t add entire flour at a time instead start adding little flour and then beat and then add… following the process mix entire flour mixture with the butter mix.
- You should have soft but non-sticky dough as end product. Now cover the dough with a plastic film and keep it in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or preferably for 3 hours.
Baking the Cookies!
- Pre-heat the oven in 180 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and divide it into around 30-40 small sized balls.
- Take a baking tray and line it with a baking paper (though I have not used a paper).
- Place cookie balls on the tray and there should be a gap of 1 ½ – 2 “between the balls, since, the Cookies raise. Number of the Cookie to be baked will be depending on the size of the tray as well as oven. I have prepared 8 piece Cookies on each set.
- Now gently press the Cookie ball with the help of the fingers and with the help of a fork create a crisscross pattern on the upper side of each Cookie as shown in the figure. This is the classical way to prepare Peanut Butter Cookies and I love this design. However, instead of following this process you can simply roll the cookies and bake them or can use a Cookie cutter to shape Cookies.
- Bake Cookies for 10-12 minutes in 1800 C and do check after 8 minutes since every oven is different.
- If you want Cookies crunchier then bake for 1-2 more minutes but don’t over bake. I have prepared my cookies for my little one so mine was the softer version.
- Take the cookies out in a Wire rack and cool them and following the process mentioned bake rest of the Cookies.
- What Else! Nothing but the heavenly aroma of the cookies …. And may be a cup of hot coffee…..
- Peanut Butter Cookies can be stored in airtight container for two weeks.
- Serving Size: 40 Cookies
- If you are using normal salted butter instead of unsalted version then don’t add salt to the dough.
- Instead of adding only normal sugar; half of the sugar can be replaced with brown sugar for better taste.
- There are different versions of Peanut Butter available, so the choice is yours. I have used the creamy version since the cookies’ are mainly for my little one who has 8 teeth in total!
- If you want extra crunch in your cookies then add 2-3 spoonful of broken roasted peanuts in the mixture.
Here are the links of some other cookies from my blog: