Finally, Durga Puja is over and I am all set to back to Office! Ahem ahem!!! But this does not mean that the cooking phase is over for the festive season… After all, Diwali is on the way and moreover being a Bong I have to be ready with some sweet in my fridge to serve whoever coming to my place for Bijaya Doshomi! I always try to make two there types of sweet for this particular season and given to my lethargic nature I always try to opt for easy cooking! I was available with around 500 ml whipping cream from the pack that I have used for making the topping for my Whole Wheat Red Velvet Cupcakes last week and decided to use the cream in my next venture. Having cream in Fridge and not thinking about Mousse at least once is not my type for sure. I finally decided to make Eggless Chocolate Mousse and to give the Mousse a bit crunchy texture I have added chopped Pistachios and finally ended with Eggless Chocolate and Pistachio Mousse!
I skipped Egg while making the Mousse quite intentionally given sometimes people don’t prefer to have Egg especially elders and even not added Gelatin and not even agar agar to my Eggless Chocolate and Pistachio Mousse. I love crunchy Pistachios as part of Mousse and moreover have available with around 3 Tbsp. of chopped Pistachio which I chopped while making Nolen Gur er Sandesh!
It is really easy to make Eggless Chocolate and Pistachio Mousse at home and it took me hardly 15 minutes to prepare it. Now the weird part is before serving Mousse to anybody else I and Pasta have finished ½ of the Mousse. This is a keeper recipe for sure if anybody is planning for a delicious yet amazing looking dessert. In My Mousse, I have used the whipping cream with added sugar and added no sugar while making the Mousse. In case you are using plain Whipping cream increase, Sugar content as per your taste and Sugar level will be varying with the sweetness of the Chocolate too.
- Whipped Cream: 500 ml (I have used Delights Whipped Cream with added Sugar)
- Semisweet Chocolate: 100g
- Butter: 1 Tbsp.
- Pistachios: 20-25 (or more)
- Chocolate Chips: 1 Tbsp. (for decoration)
- Chop Pistachios roughly using a sharp knife or chopping attachment.
- Take Semisweet Chocolate along with butter in a pan and melt it on a double boiler ( take 2 cup water in a pan and bring it to boil and then reduce the flame and place another bowl with Chocolate and butter on the water bath and in low flame and mix vigorously till chocolate melts completely). It took me around 1.5 minutes to melt the chocolate in double boiler.
- In case you don’t want to use double boiler, then microwave the chocolate butter mix for 40 seconds in high speed to melt the chocolate.
- Refrigerate the bowl that to be used for whipping the cream and whipping attachment of the blender in refrigerator for 2-3 hours before making the frosting.
- Whipping cream also needs to be refrigerated properly. I have kept it in the Freezer overnight.
- Now take the cream in the cold bowl and using the whipping attachment of the blender start blending the cream in medium speed for 2 minutes and then in high speed for one more minute.
- Don’t over blend and make a medium pick whipping cream.
- Now add melting Chocolate and 2/3 of the chopped Pistachios to the whipping cream and blend for 30 seconds in medium speed.
- The Mousse should have a thick consistency (if you turn the bowl, Mousse should be there as it is) at this time. In case it is not thick enough blend it for 20 seconds more.
- After blending the Mousse transfer the bowl containing Eggless Chocolate and Pistachio Mousse to Refrigerator for 30 minutes and then fill a piping bag with Mouse and fill Mousse Bowls with the Mousse. You can use a spoon to fill the Bowls.
- Decorate Eggless Chocolate Pistachio Mousse with Chocolate chips and chopped Pistachios and serve it cold.
I have used the whipped cream with added sugar and added no sugar while making the Mousse. In case you are using plain Whipping cream increase Sugar content as per your taste and Sugar level will varying with the sweetness of the Chocolate too.