Bongs love their Sunday lunch with Mutton and Rice and my hubby is not an exception. However, when Mutton is not available and it’s decided that Chicken will be part the dinner then the best and safe option is nothing but Eggs! It’s easy to play with eggs in the kitchen as they are really flexible…and here’s my experiment with eggs: Poached Eggs in Pineapple and Coconut Gravy.
- Garlic Paste: 2 tbsp.
- Onion Powder: 1 tbsp.
- Garlic Powder: 1 tbsp.
- Crushed Peppercorn: 1 tsp.
- Salt to Taste
- Make a paste of Pineapples along with green chilies and keep the paste aside.
- Cut Onion into rings and Potatoes into rounds.
- Boil Potatoes with a little salt for around 5 minutes and drain the water.
- Take half of the oil in a Non-stick pan and heat it.
- Start making single Egg poaches one by one on oil; sprinkle little salt on the sunny side and fry from both side.
- Add rest of the oil in the same pan and heat sufficiently.
- Now add onion rings and sauté for 3-4 minutes in low flame or till they turn pinkish. Don't over-fry onions.
- Add half of the garlic paste and cook for one minute.
- Then add Potato rounds and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Now add Pineapple-Green Chilli mix and cook for another 2 minutes in low flame.
- Season the mixture with Salt, crushed pepper, onion powder and garlic powder and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Now it’s time to add coconut milk and normal milk to the mixture.
- After adding both the milk brings the mixture into boil.
- Place poached eggs carefully on the gravy and cover the pan with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes in low flame.
- Add little water if required.
- Open the lid and turn Egg poaches carefully and cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Take butter in a separate pan and melt it and add rest of the garlic paste and sauté for 1-2 minutes and add the buttery garlic in the gravy and mix carefully.
- Cook for another 1 minute in low flame and turn the flame off.
- "Poached Eggs in Pineapple and Coconut Gravy" is ready to serve!! Enjoy Poached Eggs in Pineapple-Coconut Gravy with steamed rice.
Egg Recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar apart from Poached Eggs in Pineapple and Coconut Gravy:
Have you tried the Poached Eggs in Pineapple and Coconut Gravy Recipe from Debjanir Rannaghar!
Do let me know how it came out. Also, I would love to see a picture of the same which you can share here on firstname.lastname@example.org. On Instagram you can use my hashtag #debjanirrannaghar or you, in addition, you can tag me at @foodofdebjani.
You can follow me on Facebook, and Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram for updates and recipes from Debjanir Rannaghar. Furthermore, I would love to receive recipe requests and would try my best to come up with more recipes.